Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 56

Thread: Hope you're impressed izy!! Sewing room sorted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  1. #26
    Super Member MaryAnnMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    Posts
    1,661
    Quote Originally Posted by CoventryUK View Post
    Thankyou! The window overlooks the driveway to our home! At the moment the fence looks a little bare but in a few weeks time there will be flower troughs hanging there (when all the frosts have gone!!) So the view will be a little prettier!!!
    Oh, darn, I was going to volunteer to come over and do some gardening for you! It's getting too hot here in Florida, but the gardening bug never goes away. Oh, well... but seriously, you two ladies did a fabulous job on the room and I've enjoyed your banter. Unfortunately I didn't win the lottery either. Guess I forgot to play!
    aka Chicken McLittle

    If it's true we learn from our mistakes, I'm going to be a genius!

  2. #27
    Super Member CoventryUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Coventry UK
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnnMc View Post
    Oh, darn, I was going to volunteer to come over and do some gardening for you! It's getting too hot here in Florida, but the gardening bug never goes away. Oh, well... but seriously, you two ladies did a fabulous job on the room and I've enjoyed your banter. Unfortunately I didn't win the lottery either. Guess I forgot to play!
    Hey!! You would be more than welcome!!! I have a fairly large(100') back garden that is in SERIOUS need of a make-over!!!!! Izy says the beds comfy too!!!!!
    Hilary

  3. #28
    Super Member janiesews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Iola KS
    Posts
    2,841
    Looks sew nice!! I wish Izy lived in my neck of the woods. Iam in the process of trying to get organized. It is a work in progress. Enjoy your neat space.
    This too shall pass.
    Janie

  4. #29
    Dee
    Dee is offline
    Super Member Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pa.
    Posts
    3,618
    Nice sewing room. Friends are wonderful.

  5. #30
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mabank, Texas
    Posts
    8,311
    I love your sewing room. The big window is awesome.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

  6. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Warwickshire England
    Posts
    90
    Great job Hilary! And I thought I had a lot of plastic boxes!! LOL I recently resorted all my plains (small version) after seeing someone's lovely tidy room on QB. I put them into plastic boxes and stored them on top of the two cupboards I use, and felt very virtuous. Then last week DH noticed that our front bedroom (we live in a bungalow) was sunny and my workroom wasn't as it was on the side of the house and faced a wooden fence. So we swapped the front bedroom for my workroom, and now we have an en-suite bedroom, and I have a sunny bigger room, which also faces down our drive so I see all the doings of the village.!!

  7. #32
    Senior Member Quiltlady330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    713
    I love your sign. Creative and tidy don't go in the same sentence, do they? You've really maximized your space. Enjoy!

  8. #33
    Senior Member Quiltlady330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Chuckie2 View Post
    Great job Hilary! And I thought I had a lot of plastic boxes!! LOL I recently resorted all my plains (small version) after seeing someone's lovely tidy room on QB. I put them into plastic boxes and stored them on top of the two cupboards I use, and felt very virtuous. Then last week DH noticed that our front bedroom (we live in a bungalow) was sunny and my workroom wasn't as it was on the side of the house and faced a wooden fence. So we swapped the front bedroom for my workroom, and now we have an en-suite bedroom, and I have a sunny bigger room, which also faces down our drive so I see all the doings of the village.!!
    Sounds like a wonderful DH to notice!

  9. #34
    Member PAQUILTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Erie Pa.
    Posts
    24
    Hi, I am going to Waterloovile, near Portsmouth, England at the end of April to visit my Son, any Quilt stores near by ?
    Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.
    PaQuilts
    JudyB.
    Judy Butcher

  10. #35
    Super Member CoventryUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Coventry UK
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by PAQUILTS View Post
    Hi, I am going to Waterloovile, near Portsmouth, England at the end of April to visit my Son, any Quilt stores near by ?
    Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.
    PaQuilts
    JudyB.
    Hi!! I've found you one in...Waterlooville!!!! www.teepeequilts.co.uk Also one in Fareham which is fairly close.....www.jolly-stitcher.co.uk Hope you enjoy your visit!!! You do know we pay a LOT more for our fabric here in the UK....so you might not find 'bargains'!! but I'm sure you'll enjoy 'just looking'!!!!!
    Hilary

  11. #36
    Super Member nstitches4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Independence, MO
    Posts
    3,550
    Your sewing room looks wonderful! Ask Izy if she would like to come to the US and help me get organized! lol

  12. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    406
    Must. Get. Me. An. Izy.
    ~Laura

  13. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1
    Love your shelf above the window!

  14. #39
    Super Member CoventryUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Coventry UK
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    Love your shelf above the window!
    Thankyou!! It helps having a DH that is good at DIY!!!! They come in handy sometimes!! (DH's I mean!!!)
    Hilary

  15. #40
    Super Member Ruby the Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Far Far West Texas
    Posts
    1,400
    Blog Entries
    1
    How nice to have everything organized - and even better to have help from a friend. If you are like me keeping it organized is the problem!
    Quilting in the Desert

  16. #41
    Super Member CoventryUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Coventry UK
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby the Quilter View Post
    How nice to have everything organized - and even better to have help from a friend. If you are like me keeping it organized is the problem!
    Now that will be the BIG test!!!
    Hilary

  17. #42
    Super Member wolph33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wi
    Posts
    9,993
    what a great room-hard to believe the size-looks bigger.You both did a great job in it.Now have fun and make a little mess.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

  18. #43
    Izy
    Izy is offline
    Super Member Izy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Halifax, W. Yorks, U.K.
    Posts
    5,996
    Quote Originally Posted by CoventryUK View Post
    Now that will be the BIG test!!!
    I WILL be doing spot checks regularly tee hee!
    It's quarter to me time!!

    Izy

  19. #44
    Super Member CoventryUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Coventry UK
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    I WILL be doing spot checks regularly tee hee!
    So..am I 'bovvered' huh????
    Hilary

  20. #45
    Izy
    Izy is offline
    Super Member Izy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Halifax, W. Yorks, U.K.
    Posts
    5,996
    Quote Originally Posted by CoventryUK View Post
    So..am I 'bovvered' huh????
    Whatever...!!! :P
    It's quarter to me time!!

    Izy

  21. #46
    Junior Member kittykatz2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Terrell, Texas
    Posts
    241
    Looks great! Mine is due for a clean up soon. It feels wonderful to be organized.
    Kittykatz
    Everyone you meet comes with baggage. Find someone who loves you enough to unpack. Anonymous

  22. #47
    Super Member sewbeadit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,999
    Good job, it looks wonderful
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

  23. #48
    Senior Member sylviak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    southern Oklahoma
    Posts
    957
    You gals are too much! Love your sewing space and your large window. I confess I got a bit "dizzy" looking at your pictures! Hee, hee! I need to pick up and vacuum mine.

  24. #49
    Super Member cowgirlquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,692
    You are very lucky to have a friend. I still do not have any and it makes me sad........but to hear you have a good one makes me smile!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

  25. #50
    Izy
    Izy is offline
    Super Member Izy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Halifax, W. Yorks, U.K.
    Posts
    5,996
    Aww Theressa, all of us here at the QB are your quilty friends! This is where Hilary (CoventryUK) and I met, so I am sure you will meet someone soon to be your special quilty buddy!
    It's quarter to me time!!

    Izy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.