Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Let's Organize Something Today >

Let's Organize Something Today

Let's Organize Something Today

Old 01-15-2016, 06:16 AM

I'm slowing making progress folding fabric. Last night I pulled all the reds/pinks out of the stash and started on them. I've got about 1/3 folded so that is good. I'm going to set a goal of getting one "color" folded a week.

I also got the curtain rod up and hung an old curtain in place. Eventually I'm make something nicer, but at least the mess isn't out in the open now. I can work on it without feeling so overwhelmed by it all.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:01 AM
Banned

Looking great.

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I'm slowing making progress folding fabric. Last night I pulled all the reds/pinks out of the stash and started on them. I've got about 1/3 folded so that is good. I'm going to set a goal of getting one "color" folded a week.

I also got the curtain rod up and hung an old curtain in place. Eventually I'm make something nicer, but at least the mess isn't out in the open now. I can work on it without feeling so overwhelmed by it all.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:10 AM
Power Poster

Whatever works, I say!
Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Good for you equigle5...and it's all ready for you to work on the next project..

Does it count that I got this done with my kitchen peninsula?..it's a horizontal surface that MrOK and OKS1 like to lay stuff down on...
Old 01-15-2016, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

I was trying to get organized with the thread. So I put all poly in one bag, cotton in another, etc. Some in a thread organizer box that got dropped and split and chipped and spools went flying. So with a few choice word, I've decided the Ziploc bags will do just fine and will actually fit better in one of the drawers till further need. My bobbins are still intact in their designated containers. It's mostly getting the fabric in it's rightful places. My neighbor's daughter brought a bag of scraps ( leaf size bag). Got those washed by using my large lingerie bags, actually all of my lingerie bags, 8 of them. Beats having little pieces in the washer and getting caught up in a lint trap. Separated the small pieces from the rest. Those will go into doggie bed filler. Some ugly strips will be sewn into doggie beds. Little niece is having fun with that. she practices her 1/4" seams that way.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:51 AM

I will clean out and organize the one drawer in my old standby Singer today. I've already reorganized the "supply" cabinet beside it, replacing a Sterlite 3-drawer cabinet with a little 2-drawer table I've had for years and can't part with (it was originally one side of my mother's dresser, one of those old fashioned ones with a mirror in the center that you sat down to use). Not as much drawer space, but I'm making it work.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:52 AM
Power Poster

I went through all of my sewing patterns and books. Extreme job! (Took three days!) I started a donation box for the assistance league and began to go though my closets with the linen closet to do the same. I had a little more time so I re-upholstered my breakfast bar stools and my french ice-cream shop style make up stool in a brown velour upholstery fabric that is a great neutral in a room.
I guess I need to just clean one of the bathrooms and vacuum today so I can sew. I am tired of straightening already.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I cleaned off my work table the other day. It seems I am constantly trying to get organized. Sometimes I feel like a hamster on the wheel to no where.

I think we all feel that way! Actually, if you think about it, keeping a house is hamster-on-a-wheel work....or Sisyphus rolling that rock back up the hill every day. But then, all work can be.

That's why creative breaks are so important, I think. They free us from the hamster wheel and let us run wherever we like!
Old 01-15-2016, 09:23 AM

You are all doing so well! I can't believe it is the weekend AGAIN! Seems like it went by so quickly.

My goal today is to get all the way to my cutting table to cut fabric and then to my sewing machine to sew. Sorting stuff (a never ending job) will have to wait till tomorrow.

ManiacQuilter: I can sure relate to the hamster on a wheel vision.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Looking great.
i agree! Neat stacks and doable goals.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:25 PM

I sew in a self-created corner of my kitchen, which is part of a totally open floor plan loft. I'm not able to hide much but did have an idea to at least put up a screen. I had a large tri-fold bamboo screen that had seen better days. So I folded it up and worked it inside a king-sized duvet cover from Ikea. Once it was inside I was able to open it up (with only minor cursing) and then fold and pin the excess fabric. Nifty! It looks much neater and I can hang various items over my machine for reference as I sew.