Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Let's Organize Something Today >

Let's Organize Something Today

Let's Organize Something Today

Old 01-01-2016, 04:39 PM

All righty, I took 23 minutes clearing off my cutting table before dinner. And now I'm going to start quilting a charity baby quilt that's been a UFO for way too long! Let the sewing commence! It's a reward, right?
Old 01-01-2016, 05:13 PM

I didnt organize anything because I have been watching football but I did unsubscribe to a bunch of places that have been sending me a ton of email crap. The frequency in which they were flooding my inbox will not be missed. Addition by subtraction
Old 01-01-2016, 05:30 PM

Hmmm.....zozee had to pack Christmas c----, and riverandwoods had to unsubscribe
a bunch of email c----, hope it's not catchy......
Old 01-01-2016, 05:55 PM

Apologies for the colorful c--- language.
Happy New Year All.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Zozee, you are too enthusiastic for me already. Everything in my sewing room goes in neatly and when I turn my back for one minute, they all decide to play together. Then they get in arguments with each other, have a fight, and it looks like a mess. Sometimes, the threads will join in with them, tangle everything up and poop out and just lay there. I go in there to clean it up and the scissors start in. It's just one big mess and everytime I clean it up they all get together for a party. It's and endless pit to me. I'll stay on the side lines and watch you all get organized, if that's o.k.
My enthusiasm lasts about as long as my neatness. Trust me, it's mostly an exercise in futility by day three. The organization I achieve has the shelf life of asparagus.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Hmmm.....zozee had to pack Christmas c----, and riverandwoods had to unsubscribe
a bunch of email c----, hope it's not catchy......

Ummm. I said "stuff". I was thinking c--- but I chose a more genteel word!
Old 01-01-2016, 06:32 PM

Okay, well, I have all my Christmas fabric together -- & I won't need dot buy any more for a few years!

Then I moved on to my cutting table. You have no idea what I went through to sift through all that fabric, notions, spools of thread, paper patterns, drawings, notes to self, ... the list is virtually endless! But ... the cutting table is now clear of everything. (But don't ask where everything went ... that's a job to be continued!)

It is a nice feeling to have started though!
Old 01-01-2016, 06:32 PM

So much for the joy of quilting that UFO!. Ugh!! Thread kept breaking as I tried to thread the needle. It's brand new thread I used just last week! Bobbin thread tangled so I switched rather than redo it for the sake of time. Then thought maybe cleaning out the bobbin area would help. Discerned It was barely linty at all, but managed to cut my finger on the needle. I give up. Back to the UFO pile it goes. It's like this one just doesn't want to be finished. It's been one pain in the butt every time.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by ctyankee View Post
Okay, well, I have all my Christmas fabric together -- & I won't need dot buy any more for a few years!

Then I moved on to my cutting table. You have no idea what I went through to sift through all that fabric, notions, spools of thread, paper patterns, drawings, notes to self, ... the list is virtually endless! But ... the cutting table is now clear of everything. (But don't ask where everything went ... that's a job to be continued!)

It is a nice feeling to have started though!
Congratulations! That's a huge accomplishment! Actually I DO have some idea what you went through! My word, before my DD came in on the 18th to stay in our guest room/sewing room, it took me 2.5 hours to clear cutting, ironing and sewing tables. But the results are worth it. The room can breathe. **I can breathe!!**!
Old 01-01-2016, 07:53 PM

I have been working in my sewing room all day, 4 lg garbage bags out to dumpster. sewing table and 15 foot of counter cleared off. 4X8 foot cutting table still covered in piles of fabric to fold and put away, lots of odds and ends that need a home found for them, and another 9 foot of counter I have not touched yet (sigh) maybe tomorrow I can say finished.