Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Let's Organize Something Today >

Let's Organize Something Today

Let's Organize Something Today

Old 01-01-2016, 08:16 PM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

before and after pictures would be great!!!!!
Old 01-01-2016, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Gramie bj View Post
I have been working in my sewing room all day, 4 lg garbage bags out to dumpster. sewing table and 15 foot of counter cleared off. 4X8 foot cutting table still covered in piles of fabric to fold and put away, lots of odds and ends that need a home found for them, and another 9 foot of counter I have not touched yet (sigh) maybe tomorrow I can say finished.

That's a LOT!! 4 large garbage bags out? Wow. And 15' of counter cleared off which I assume wasn't cleared onto the floor or other surface! LOL. That should be good for folding fabric on as you clear fabric off the cutting table.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:10 PM

I was thinking the same thing! Take a picture of wherever you are in the process if you didn't take a "before."C'mon, be brave!!!

QUOTE=Terry in the ADK;7420749]before and after pictures would be great!!!!![/QUOTE]
Old 01-01-2016, 10:58 PM

I folded and labeled several pieces of fabric, put in new 2nd hand cupboard.
Looked at my low volume fabrics
Googled L V quilt patterns
decided on kaleidoscope
did a test cut on isoscoles triangle accuquilt dies, figured out what HST die I will need for the block corners
Cleared a small living room table that will go out when I rearrange for the given to me recliner.
the table worked nicely with the accuquilt, so it has its new assignment.
Packaged red/navy/blues for a planned stash buster.
found several pieces fabric that will work with a sewing theme panel.
put several quilt books and three ring binders on new 2nd hand bookshelf
Old 01-02-2016, 04:05 AM

Spent the day shoveling out my sewing room. Made chalkboard fabric tags for all my drawers and cubbies. Hope to find the chalk pencils so that I can write on the labels. The fabric sort is last once I reorganize my storage. Been getting rid of those plastic storage drawers for a few years now. Tired of the visual storage. I wanna see more floor space vs. plastic.

KITS! Putting my future projects into large zip lock backs and storing my kits together. Ready to tackle! My Row By Row rows are already binned together.

Sandy

Last edited by Sandygirl; 01-02-2016 at 04:09 AM.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:26 AM

I shall clean out the bottom cupboard of my china cabinet. Not quilty? Well this china cabinet does not hold china. Rather it holds my quilts. When I clean out the bottom cupboard area, I can store UFO's, started projects that are monthly quilt along projects so they do not clutter up my sewing area, or other quilts! So here I come china/quilt cabinet!
Old 01-02-2016, 04:32 AM

I have a small bookcase under my cutting table. I tend to just jam everything under there when I am finished with it. Right now it has my pins in tins, full size and travel size iron, best press, spray starch, fabric glue, rulers, thread, sewing basket, painter's tape and tons of fabric scraps shoved on it. Today I will pull everything off and re-organize. At least that's my plan...
Old 01-02-2016, 04:40 AM

In December I organized all of my paper stuff into notebooks with organized dividers. Today, I will add the labels to the outside of the notebooks. My plan was to have everything in its place by Jan 1, so I could start to sew in January. This labeling is the last chore. Being organized is very important to me.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:43 AM

Well I didn't see this post until this morning ... but I did organize a bag of leftover fabrics and scraps yesterday to see what I might be able to put together to make a baby or lap quilt.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:48 AM

I know this post started yesterday, but I just found it this morning... better late than never. I have an antique thread drawer that I purchased at an auction about 5 years ago and just found it in the attic when I was hunting for Christmas decorations in December. I am going to bring it down, clean it up and organize my thread collection today.
What a great idea to pick a project or space a little at a time... Thanks Zozee