Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Let's Organize Something Today >

Let's Organize Something Today

Let's Organize Something Today

Old 01-02-2016, 05:40 AM

Yes, a good time to get organized! I have many scraps that need to be tamed. I think I'll take that 15 minutes each morning and see if it will work the wonders that is needed!
Old 01-02-2016, 05:57 AM

I, also, just came across this thread this morning. I spent yesterday taking down decorations. Need to do a bit of cleaning this morning and then will hit the studio. I plan on doing some machine embroidery today. While that is running I will clean off the area to the right of my machine and press fabric that has been washed and get it on my wall. Thanks for the motivation.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:09 AM

I spent some time yesterday clearing off most of my sewing table. My sewing area is in my master bedroom and I have a large sewing cabinet, kept open all the time, so it's a great large surface to drop things. As a result of pre-holiday travel and then Christmas gifts it was overflowing with "stuff". I cleared that off and then got the ambition to move to another pile on my storage boxes. I'm planning to spend 16 minutes a day (for 2016) to organize something in the house.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
I'll say yes because it was fabric. And because you may have needed that more than you needed to organize something in your sewing room. I made myself take all my Christmas crap down and box it up before I headed into my play room.

It it is what it is.
Old 01-02-2016, 10:10 AM

My resolution is to get rid of everything I don't want or use. I'm starting on my sock drawer today. Why do I keep socks with no mates or that are full of lint? I think I may have a smidge of a hoarder gene. I think I will use them to stuff a dog bed and give to the animal shelter.

Last edited by jeanharville; 01-02-2016 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-02-2016, 11:04 AM

oh how familiar that sounds . Somehow all things that need to be shifted around for Christmas seem to end up in my sewing room.
Old 01-02-2016, 12:35 PM

Christmas stuff--I find that once everything is put away, something escapes their box. And I have to start another box for all the escapees until next Christmas.
Old 01-02-2016, 12:43 PM

Today I finished my four days of cleaning, sorting, organizing and purging in my sewing room. Looks great an I have my car trunk full of stuff for Goodwill. No more moving piles so I can cut, moving same piles so I can iron and again so I can sew. I'm tired but it feels so good.
Old 01-02-2016, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by riverandwoods View Post
I didnt organize anything because I have been watching football but I did unsubscribe to a bunch of places that have been sending me a ton of email crap. The frequency in which they were flooding my inbox will not be missed. Addition by subtraction
PLUS... more time to SEW.

Ask me how I know this?!

Yesterday I did reorganize my sewing table BUT didn't get a chance to sew. Today I just got done paying all the bills so now is my chance to sew. Thanks a bunch zozee and everyone else for your encouragement.

Last edited by SewExtremeSeams; 01-02-2016 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:34 PM

Whew! I'm tired after reading your list. Good for you! That's what I call a productive day!

Originally Posted by quiltmouse View Post
I folded and labeled several pieces of fabric, put in new 2nd hand cupboard.
Looked at my low volume fabrics
Googled L V quilt patterns
decided on kaleidoscope
did a test cut on isoscoles triangle accuquilt dies, figured out what HST die I will need for the block corners
Cleared a small living room table that will go out when I rearrange for the given to me recliner.
the table worked nicely with the accuquilt, so it has its new assignment.
Packaged red/navy/blues for a planned stash buster.
found several pieces fabric that will work with a sewing theme panel.
put several quilt books and three ring binders on new 2nd hand bookshelf