Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Let's Organize Something Today >

Let's Organize Something Today

Let's Organize Something Today

Old 05-24-2016, 06:15 AM
Power Poster

The other day I had a few minutes and organized my flannels separate from my cottons and batiks. getting them ready to put into the cabinet when DH is finished.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:58 AM

love the idea of project boxes. I'll be on the lookout for those. I have some of those zip bags that curtains come in that I use for the ones that are waiting to be started.

i finished putting away the rest of the fabrics. That gives me a little clear space but not much.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:25 PM

I finished a ufo and put away all the fabrics and scraps that were left over. That gave me an empty project box for the partly pieced log cabin and the fabrics that go with it. So that's two more things tidied up and off my workspace. Also spent some time re-organizing the toolbox where all the framing and hanging supplies are kept and clearing up the mess on the big cutting table in my painting studio. I think it's time for another purge LOL.

Rob
Old 05-31-2016, 04:06 AM

sounds like you were really energetic, good going rryder. I managed to get one project off of the cutting table and onto a shelf where it can languish in peace. Why did I start all of these projects without finishing anything?
Old 05-31-2016, 11:36 AM

The "F" word is really getting to me today. I can't seem to get anything finished. I have so many things in various stages (don't we all) and looking at it all makes me want to go take a nap. I need to bundle most of it away so I can concentrate on one thing at a time. Too much clutter makes me anxious (which is not to say I am anywhere near tidy - I live in a heightened state of anxiety - Ha!).
Old 05-31-2016, 02:08 PM

Ha, Notwendy, I am right there with you. Although I have a high threshold for clutter until it all gets to be too much. We are in our little cabin for the next five months and I looked around this morning at the living room. DH has one place where he sits and uses his laptop. I have three seats I've taken over with two projects going at two and the third is where I took an afternoon nap today. No complaints from him 'though so I guess it's all good until we have to clean up for company. Not finishing much here but seem to be starting quite a lot! ")
Old 06-04-2016, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

Oh another Clutterbug here and like you lots2do I reach a threshold and use NotWendy's word......in a slow way I reorganize a small space so I can work on a project...2 DGD's have been sewing so my things take a back seat and more clutter is created with their projects.....ah it's called living.....
Old 06-05-2016, 01:11 PM

I got one project done and it was even on time. Now if I can just get the other long term project out of the way I'll be ready for the new project/class that will start in August. I can't work if it gets to cluttered and I'm not neat either.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:42 PM

You can do it, TK! I know you can! Break down the project into manageable chunks of time and give yourself a deadline. Like two Sundays from now ? Then clean up your sewing room, treat yourself to something, and enjoy the freedom to start getting your next materials gathered/sample made in a clean, tidy space --well ahead of August!
Old 06-07-2016, 03:45 AM

I finally got my son's old room painted....needed two coats, ugh! But it's been sitting idle for over a week now. I can't get the motivation to get back in there and start painting the cabinets I got for free that I want to put my material in. I know this should be a fun and exciting time, but I can't seem to get my mojo going.

I purchased an Accuquilt Go! and told myself I can't play with it until I get that room done. I have no idea why I'm not more into getting in there. Hoping to read these threads and get a little creativity going.