Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Machine Presser Feet Organization >

Machine Presser Feet Organization

Machine Presser Feet Organization

Old 11-07-2017, 03:33 AM

I got a jewelry bag on a hanger. It has about 50 clear pockets,. Made a label for each foot and they have their own pocket. I think I got it at 5 below. works great. I have one for each machine and they are on a command hook behind or beside the machine they belong too.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda K View Post
This is also a favorite with our group. It opens like a book. Again add your labels to each compartment. Works well for all the small feet as it contains everything if you accidentally drop it. This system won't hold any of the larger feet though.

http://www.joann.com/craft-mates-loc...2Bmate&start=1
Rhonda K, thanks! I am not sure what I need this for at the moment, but I love it and just ordered it!
Old 11-07-2017, 06:06 AM

I have a Janome 14000 and I found that Harbor Freight has a good selection of storage at very low prices.
https://www.harborfreight.com/40-bin...wer-94375.html
Old 11-07-2017, 07:14 AM

I bought one at Harbor Freight that has dividers you can customize. I especially like that it has a handle to make it easier to grab and go.!
Old 11-07-2017, 08:15 AM
mac

Wow, what great ideas, everyone.

I have an old Bernina 1530 and one day I finally sprung for one of their expensive boxes to hold the feet in it. Boy, was I disappointed when I ran out of space and also found out that some of the feet really didn't fit into this special box. I was kicking myself for wasting the money.

Now, I have a Janome 6600 and I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out where to put the extra feet (of which some are over-sized) to keep them readily accessable. Now I know.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:08 PM

Have you thought about taking items out of the lower trays that you don't need as often and putting the feet there? Will they fit?
Old 11-08-2017, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Sheri.a View Post
Have you thought about taking items out of the lower trays that you don't need as often and putting the feet there? Will they fit?
I did consider just re-doing the zippered case, but had it in my head that a flat all in one type container that would hold all of them on one level (so to speak) and the Plano fishing lure boxes seem most appealing right now. But I haven't given up on that case yet. It does have some openings in the lower trays.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:42 AM

Hi all....thanks for all the great ideas. I did find two Plano boxes on Amazon and have ordered them. They were pretty inexpensive and If they don't work, I can use them for my other two machines's feet. or beads, or buttons or something. LOL
Amazon has a lot of Plano tackle boxes. I was surprised at the sheer number of them.
Will let you know how it turns out.
Thanks again
Old 11-08-2017, 07:48 AM

Last week, Fons and Porter’s show gave a tip of using pill boxes, the kind that hold a week or so of pills. They come in many sizes and some even have slots for 21 pills.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda K View Post
This is also a favorite with our group. It opens like a book. Again add your labels to each compartment. Works well for all the small feet as it contains everything if you accidentally drop it. This system won't hold any of the larger feet though.

http://www.joann.com/craft-mates-loc...2Bmate&start=1
This one is very similar to some other storage containers that Plano (mentioned above) makes - Plano makes a variety of different size storage containers for fishing etc., and you should be able to find one that meets your needs. I wasn't certain from the original post if you were looking for one organizer to hold everything or simply something additional to store the add-ons...
Good luck!