Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Machine Presser Feet Organization >

Machine Presser Feet Organization

Machine Presser Feet Organization

Old 11-06-2017, 01:46 AM

Default Machine Presser Feet Organization

Problem: I have the Janome 15000 and it came with 24 feet, I purchased 5 extras, and recently in the upgrade received 5 more feet for a total of 34 presser feet. It came with an accessory case that holds the original feet but now I have 10 more that won't fit in the specially designed tray. I won't even mention the needle plates.... or the other accessory items that came with this machine. But the case is no longer able to accommodate the "extras".
I am pretty sure this is not unique to the 15000, other machines these days must have a lot of feet since there is a special one for each task. so......where else to go for ideas but this forum.
Question: How do you organize and store your machine feet?
Just looking for ideas on how you do it.... a special container, something you made, found, adapted. Just looking to get a new idea I had not thought of.
Thanks in advance for any ideas you can share.
Murphy
Old 11-06-2017, 02:16 AM

I purchased a plastic container with dividers in it from Menards. Each square or rectangle is marked with painters tape the letter/name of the foot. The container slides perfectly under my extension table.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:48 AM

I don't have that particular issue but I think I would be looking at fishing tackle boxes. Lots of small dividers with trays that usually stack and separate upon opening the top. Or something similar in an auto parts store for all of those little bits that - at least in our household - never make it back into the case they started!
Old 11-06-2017, 04:30 AM

That's a lot of feet! You could use one of these boxes as it has 48 compartments.

http://www.joann.com/creative-option...9.html#start=1

I have used these for organizing feet for each machine. Make labels for each of the blue dividers. You might check the fishing/tackle departments for a double layered box like this. I use a similar box for sewing tools and it's easy to take to class. These boxes have larger compartments for ruffler foot, etc.

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/plano...ided-organizer

Last edited by Rhonda K; 11-06-2017 at 04:44 AM.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:43 AM

This is also a favorite with our group. It opens like a book. Again add your labels to each compartment. Works well for all the small feet as it contains everything if you accidentally drop it. This system won't hold any of the larger feet though.

http://www.joann.com/craft-mates-loc...2Bmate&start=1
Old 11-06-2017, 05:11 AM

The dividers are removable to allow for different sizes.[ATTACH=CONFIG]583470[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 1adee4f3-5957-4a41-be7e-e80e536787c4.jpeg  
Old 11-06-2017, 06:11 AM

I use a box similar to lilli480's. Used an HP label maker to put a label on the box cover over each foot so I'd know what it was and could return them to the right spot when I finish with them.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:43 AM

I have a plastic box with moveable dividers that I bought years ago at Sears (I think). They have them at all the home improvement stores and probably Harbor Freight. I use them for a lot of things. I also have one for needles and one for loose buttons. I find them very handy.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:19 AM

I made a sewing roll (similar to a jewellery roll) used clear vinyl to make pouches and I can see my feet at a glance.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:16 AM

Thank you for the great ideas. The Double sided tackle box looks intriguing. It would be great to get ALL the accessories in one container. Will have to see in person but I know where to look now. I also have a couple of the double sided thread boxes, also am looking for new way to organize thread and when I come up with a better system than I currently have, will have a couple of those types of containers to "re-purpose".
And I have not heard of the Craft Mates Lockables but definitely gonna check those out too.
I knew this was the place to ask......
Thanks again