Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: My messy sewing room - NO MORE

What a great studio you've created for yourself. Congrats!

Blog Entries
    Love it and I'm sure you will be even more creative in such a neat place. I can pick fabrics that work together just from the picture!
    Patski
    always learning

Lovely room I love the color on your walls. I sew in the basement and have that ugly wall board.

I just wanted to mention something I saw in your pictures and that is you have your magnetic pin cushion sitting on your sewing machine. Be very careful when you have magnets by your machine ....... you guessed it ....... I have a magnet bowl that mechanics use for bolts and stuff ...... I was packing up from quilting at our RV resort and sat the bowl on top of my machine. Now my fancy stitches sew back wards instead of forward. I have not looked into how much it would cost to have it fixed as it still sews beautifully going in the right direction. Live and learn.

love it looks great

Your sewing room is so cute!!!! I like an organized space. I tend to sew much better. If mine gets too disorganized, I tend to stress a bit.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful. Love your wall color.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Great Job!!!!!

What a bright cherry place to be! Awesome clean up job.
    Quilting makes me happy!..

Wow, it looks great!

Blog Entries
    Wow, what a wonderful sewing space. I want to come sew with you!!!
    Robin
    robinsquiltingroom.blogspot.com
    Southern California

Wow,looks just like a quilt shop.
    You sure do have it very bright & cheerful to work in.
    lp

Blog Entries
    nice room i am in the process of setting up my first quilt/sewing room. do you have any suggestions i can use. as well how do you get the fabric to stand up on the shelves like that. i went a little overboard when in the states this winter and came back with over 100 yards of fabric so i have a little to store, lol, any suggestions there. i have a bookshelf, a bookshelf/dresser and a sewing table that folds up into a cube with storage in that. so what would you recommend for purchasing useful items. i also have alot of swedish weaving fabric and wool to store as well. i could go on but i will stop here for now. thanks for liistening.

Blog Entries
    A perfect retreat.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Your room looks sooooo good - peaceful, organized, a great place to work with beautiful fabric. And what did I focus on???? Your special quote on "only God is perfect; our quilts do not have to be."
    Carol

Looks very nice. I actually need to get some cabinets. It's too dusty here for just shelves.

I love your room too. May I ask where you got the lidded boxes on top of the bookshelves? I've been trying to find decorative boxes with lids for my bedroom closet to hide stuff in and haven't found just the right thing yet.

Wow, love your room! Love the ladybugs! It's fantastic.

Power Poster
    Very nice sewing room wish mine looked like that clean.

They are comic book cards and I purchased them at a comic book store. Mine cost $11 for 100 plus tax. I purchased 400 cards and used every last one. If you check My messy sewing room post- you will see what it used to look like. Another board member suggested the comic book cards and I liked the idea. The more you put on the shelf the straighter they stand. I got tired and just started putting mine the other way and it looks fine. I would suggest just making a post and ask for suggestions, you will get a lot of response from members like I did. Good luck and show us!
    Quote Originally Posted by huntersgrammie View Post
    nice room i am in the process of setting up my first quilt/sewing room. do you have any suggestions i can use. as well how do you get the fabric to stand up on the shelves like that. i went a little overboard when in the states this winter and came back with over 100 yards of fabric so i have a little to store, lol, any suggestions there. i have a bookshelf, a bookshelf/dresser and a sewing table that folds up into a cube with storage in that. so what would you recommend for purchasing useful items. i also have alot of swedish weaving fabric and wool to store as well. i could go on but i will stop here for now. thanks for liistening.
    KSue

The liddded boxes you see on top of the bookshelves are pattern boxes. I purchased most of them at Joanns a long time ago so I don't know what kind they have now as I haven't purchased any in a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJinSC View Post
    I love your room too. May I ask where you got the lidded boxes on top of the bookshelves? I've been trying to find decorative boxes with lids for my bedroom closet to hide stuff in and haven't found just the right thing yet.
    KSue

Thank you. I don't have a problem with a lot of dust in this room. I get some but it has not affected my fabric.
    Quote Originally Posted by caspharm View Post
    Looks very nice. I actually need to get some cabinets. It's too dusty here for just shelves.
    KSue

Love your sewing room. Did you make the valances? They are sooo cute.

So sorry to hear about the magnet. I normally don't keep it there, I just picked it up and it just ended up there. but I didn't even think about it messing up the sewing machine.. And I love red so that is what I chose several years ago. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilterfay View Post
    Lovely room I love the color on your walls. I sew in the basement and have that ugly wall board.

I just wanted to mention something I saw in your pictures and that is you have your magnetic pin cushion sitting on your sewing machine. Be very careful when you have magnets by your machine ....... you guessed it ....... I have a magnet bowl that mechanics use for bolts and stuff ...... I was packing up from quilting at our RV resort and sat the bowl on top of my machine. Now my fancy stitches sew back wards instead of forward. I have not looked into how much it would cost to have it fixed as it still sews beautifully going in the right direction. Live and learn.
    KSue

How nice, very relaxing for sure and your friend that made the wall saying could make lots of money for sure, it is so perfect and looks so nice........
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...C68D6DB95A.png
    Quilting With A Friend Will Keep You In Stitches

I am SOOO impressed! Good job.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast