Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
My sewing room - Before >

My sewing room - Before

My sewing room - Before

Old 04-09-2014, 08:05 PM

You must have a good size room! 4/5 months ago, I came across A Star Trek iron on for the front of a tee shirt. Still in tact! I thought about putting it on a shirt---- But the guys would have muitiable tubby(I mean tummy) rolls!!!!! Tinker

star
Old 04-10-2014, 10:17 AM

What a difference. I'm so happy for you. A lot of work has led to a magnificent area for you to work. How did you get started? I always want to move everything out then bring things back to a stripped room. Unfortunately, I don't have a space big enough If you have any hints, please share. Thanks so much. Joyce in DE
Old 04-10-2014, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by JoyceHoopes View Post
What a difference. I'm so happy for you. A lot of work has led to a magnificent area for you to work. How did you get started? I always want to move everything out then bring things back to a stripped room. Unfortunately, I don't have a space big enough If you have any hints, please share. Thanks so much. Joyce in DE
First of all, I put a box in the hallway and when I found something I was not keeping, it went in the box. That way it was out of the room. I cleared off the top of the cutting table and that's where I started folding the fabric. I used the ruler-fold method by cutting a piece of foam core the size I wanted. One thing that helped me was I had to replace the storage boxes that I had been using. My arthritis was getting to the point that I couldn't open the boxes I had. So I just started opening the boxes I had and folding the fabric and putting it in the new boxes. I stacked them on the side of the room until I had the closet emptied. Then I started putting them back. I labeled the boxes that were 1-yard, 1/2 yard and 3/4 yard pieces. Everything else isn't sorted, just folded and in boxes, but I can see the color through the boxes and I have tags on all the pieces with the yardage amount. I do have a box with just 1/4 pieces and a box with scraps. It's not a perfect system, but so much better than what I had before.

It would be better if you could empty the whole room and go from there, but that wasn't an option for me since I wasn't able to work on it full-time and I didn't want to have another room full of stuff while I was working on my room.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:06 PM

Wow!!! What a huge difference! Looks really good!!!! Good job!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 06:37 PM
Power Poster

You did a great job organizing. You are an inspiration. I see many pretty things, and especially your little quilt buddy.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:06 PM

That looks BEAUTIFUL! It looks like your furry friend approves as well!!
Old 04-11-2014, 09:35 PM

You did a great job. Looks more organized now. Time to get busy on number 4 :-)
Old 04-13-2014, 05:05 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
You have some really neat stuff in your room. I like the churn in the last picture.
and is that one of the fabric measuring machines where the fabric was clipped and then ripped? that's so interesting!!!
Old 04-13-2014, 09:38 PM

Bravo. That was a lot of hard work. I noticed in the before pictures that your dog had his back turned away from the mess and out the window. LOL But after, he turned toward the room. Teehee. I'd love to have a vintage Kenmore--and all those rulers.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:34 AM

wow- you make me feel like I CAN get my mom's sewing room organized- great work