Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Need Ideas For Storing Finished Quilts >

Need Ideas For Storing Finished Quilts

Need Ideas For Storing Finished Quilts

Old 04-21-2016, 06:35 AM
Power Poster

You could put a flannel back table cloth across your bed for your cat or close the door to that room and maybe crack a window for some fresh air.
Originally Posted by tropit View Post
Quilters...you're such a resourceful bunch! There are so many great ideas here. Thanks, so much! I don't know how I'm going to store them yet. My cat would just love it if I stacked them on the guest bed...LOL...So comfy and cozy. But, he also sheds like crazy, so I'd always be washing them. Great idea though, if you don't have critters. I like the idea of putting them behind glass, so that you could see them, but they'd stay clean. I also like the idea of a corner shelf unit because it doesn't take up as much wall space, which is very limited at my house. Rolling them up and stacking them is good too.

~ Cindy
Old 04-21-2016, 10:13 AM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

I actually got a length of clear plastic and put it over the guest bedroom quilt because I wanted to enjoy it but so did my 4 legged child! Yes it reminds me of the plastic slipcover of the 1950's but it works! Of course I take it off when company comes!
Old 04-21-2016, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK View Post
I actually got a length of clear plastic and put it over the guest bedroom quilt because I wanted to enjoy it but so did my 4 legged child! Yes it reminds me of the plastic slipcover of the 1950's but it works! Of course I take it off when company comes!
Good idea and you can also layer up numerous quilts, add a plastic shower curtain if desired, then top it with a utility quilt that your baby is allowed on.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
I give most of my quilts away, but I've made a few for our own home. We use them all the time in the winter months, but summer is coming and I need to store them somewhere. I'd like to have them where I can see the quilts...all those pretty colors... even if they're just folded up. My problem is where to store them when not in use. Our house is a very small cabin/cottage, with not much in the way of wall space, or cabinets. I'd love to hear about some clever ideas on how some of you store your beauties...thanks.

~Cindy
I hang mine on heavy duty pants type hangers, covered with clear dry cleaning bags. Store in a closet.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Just Jan View Post
Good idea and you can also layer up numerous quilts, add a plastic shower curtain if desired, then top it with a utility quilt that your baby is allowed on.
Now that's ingenuity! You know what he'd do...He would think that it would make the perfect cave and under he'd go.

~ C