Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2nd Story Studio

Blog Entries
    WOW! You have a fabric store in your fabulous new sewing room. I think a lot of us are jealous. Now that you're organized, we can expect to see some beautiful quilts emerging like butterflies from cocoons!

OMG!!! That is one of the most fabulous sewing rooms I,ve ever seen. You deserve a lot of credit. You did a wonderful job. Congratulations!!!!
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by Katia View Post
    What a great space !!! I really would never leave. Do you have any idea of the room size? I have a fairly large sewing room, but it still seems small at times. I have to keep things picked up or it feels like the walls are closing in.

Tomorrow we are getting a nice corner desk so I can set up the sewing machine and the serger. It is going to take some work and rearranging to get the big desk I have now out and the new one in. It will be a good opportunity to do some reorganizing and all that fun stuff.
    The main work room is 11' 7" X 14' 5", with a closet about 5' square. That alone is a huge space to me, but the "bonus" room really is a bonus. (It is even larger but there are only a couple of feet before the sloped ceiling which goes almost to the floor.) All I truly need for sewing is in the one big room. If you don't have floor space, go vertical, is my motto, which is the reason for the floor to ceiling fabric shelves, and a couple of shelves about 18" from the ceiling that weren't even showing in the photos. I wouldn't do every wall this way or it makes the room feel like it's caving in on you. I bought an inexpensive folding stool that is stowed behind the door so can reach everything I need.
    www.makeminepatchwork.etsy.com
    www.zibbet.com/makeminepatchwork
    "Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)

Wow, you've thought of everything. What a fantastic space.

Blog Entries
    What can I say? Envy, envy, envy!

Wow! I would never leave! Forget about family or job!

Wow, how long did it take to acquire such a fabulous stash....can we all come over and play?

Holly moley, what a space, lucky you I am a bit green.

Wow, I love all you've done in your sewing space. Your fabric wall is wonderful. Now get busy and use up some of that batting and fabric!

Wow!! You did an awesome job utilizing your sewing space. I love your wall of fabric. It's inspiring just looking at it. I like all your pegboard and how you organized your cutting island. I love it all! You just need a mini refridgerator and a microwave and you'll never come out. Thanks for sharing.
    Carol

You created an amazing studio and little alcove. No wonder why it took so long, but it's worth it. I just don't think you have enough fabric!

Wonderful sewing room. The layout is just so awesome. Lucky girl!
    Cookie

Blog Entries
    That is awesome!

Fantastic sewing studio! Would you mind sharing the dimensions of you shelving units? Did you build those also and was it hard to do? Did you build them especially to hold the shoe boxes for the fat quarters? I just love you new space!! Blessed you are...

One of the nicest studios I have seen.

Thanks for the pics! My DH will never complain about my fabric stash again. ;-)

Wowsers!! What an awesome sewing space you have, It must really inspire you to 'create some magic' ....Enjoy you lucky gal

A wonderful sewing room ! Glad you were able to get everything set up.
    All thats left to do is make some quilts.

Wow, what a fantastic space & my DH thought I had lots of fabric !!! Not even close. I am green with envy.
    Enjoy your fabulous spot - it seems to have everything. I, too like pegboard - it is so handy. Love, love your room.
    Dance like no one is watching

Power Poster
    Wow...That is a fabulous room....Everything looks well organized...Congrats...Enjoy your new space...

Wow, that is a great space. It looks like you could set up your own LQS, let us know when it opens.

Awesome. I know you will create lots of beautiful quilts in that space. I love the scenic quilt you have hanging on your wall.
    Gives me hope. We are supposed to start on my quilting space this summer. I don't think it will be as spectacular as yours, but it will be my own space. Yee haw.

Blog Entries
    Hey now really. you have WAY to much fabric. you either need to send all of us on this board some material or get busy and make some quilts. they say " the one with the most material when they die wins" Now they say "the one with the most did not sew enough" lol wonderful room. I will watch for mine in the mail.
    SMILE- it will make everyone wonder what you are up to.
    Stay strong and keep looking up.

WOW!! WOW!! I LOVE your space! You did a fantastic job organizing and created a perfect set up. What a fun place to create.
    Dona

I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
    you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
    identify their corporate sponsors.

All your hard work was worth it. That is a sewing studio to die for! I love your storage wall. The usefulness of the wall space above your serger is impressive. I showed your pictures to my girlfriend and she thinks your pressing/cutting table is brilliant, as do I. VERY good job. How long did it take you to plan that all out? Did you try it out on graph paper first? How big is the room?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast