Oh my!

Old 11-12-2018, 01:14 PM

Default Oh my!

I haven't posted in forever (never was super active - life threw a few curveballs after I originally signed up) but lately I have been reading your organization threads and tips and wanted to thank you all! With family coming in town for Thanksgiving, I have been motivated to organize my sewing room (which double as a guest room next week). I have a few bins left to go through, but it is much better than it has been in years. It is amazing how peaceful it is to walk into a room where you can see things and find what you need.

But Oh My at the number of UFOs I have found. I feel like every single day, I find something else that I had forgotten about. I found a cute holiday placemat one day that only needed binding. While looking for some scraps to use for binding, I found a matching UFO placemat! I had to laugh when I found the second one that I didn't even remember after finding the first one. LOL! So now I know my 2019 goal - to get some of those UFOs completed.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:46 PM

Welcome back. Consider this home, a warm and fuzzy place where people will encourage you in whatever you endeavor.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:25 PM

Welcome back and check out the UFO challenge on the challenges forum. It’s a fun thread and lotks of great motivation to get those UFOs done.

Rob
Old 11-13-2018, 03:57 AM

Welcome back! It's fun to find those mystery UFO projects; the ones we forgot about. Have fun deciding which one to finish first!
Old 11-13-2018, 04:54 AM

Good for you to get your sewing/guest room organized. I'm still working on that, but I finished 6 UFOs this year, and it feels good. So go for it and enjoy the sense of accomplishment.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:20 AM

Welcome back to the QB...I’m sure it feels great to have your room organized. I know that I am more productive in a clean environment.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:46 AM

Hi and welcome back from North Carolina! Congrats on your organizing successes! I don't have the organization fabric gene. If I ever get to see the floor in my spare bedroom again, it will be the 8th wonder of the world! When my son comes to visit (rarely), he prefers to sleep on the sofa!
Old 11-13-2018, 05:47 AM

I love to clean my sewing room. I find so many fun things in there. I joined a “Slash your stash” group this year and while my stash continues to grow every time I walk into a quilt store, I have managed to get organized. How I wish Rumplestiltskin would come catch me up! Lol
Old 11-13-2018, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

Welcome back and you will feel much better to finish some UFOs.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:57 AM

Someone on another site asked us to count our UFOs and I was very surprised to have 27. Didn't realized I'd let myself go in getting them finished. I'm glad to say I did get 2 of the oldest UFOs finished this year though not included in my count. Oh well, 2019 will be a busy year if I want to try to cut the number of them down somewhat.