Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Organized Chaos

Hey! How did you take a picture of my room with out me catching you???? HUH? How did you do it ????

ok...All I want to know is how far Parker Co. Texas is from Schertz Texas....I'm on my way!

Quote Originally Posted by missgigglewings View Post
    ok...All I want to know is how far Parker Co. Texas is from Schertz Texas....I'm on my way!
    about 5 hrs. up I-35

No not me, I currently sew in a house in the middle of building debris which drives me mad (as in frustrated), am so looking forward to the day when I can organize my sewing room into something neat and orderly not to mention more calming to the soul.

Maybe1day
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    - John Lennon

April, can I come play?

Blog Entries
    well, i have plans of using up all my material before i die. but i sure would like to run into an estate sale that had lots of goodies in their sewing room like yours. i've bypassed a couple, before i got 'organized'. and now i am a firm believer in stocking up now, before everything inflates in prices more.

Quote Originally Posted by EmbQuilt View Post
    April, can I come play?
    Absolutely, How about March when you have had all the snow you can stand & the flowers are blooming here?

I was happy to see your pics and your stuff....if I can figure this out of how to do pics, I will send my before and after pics, what a mess before......great job of collecting .....
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...C68D6DB95A.png
    Quilting With A Friend Will Keep You In Stitches

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyjanedoe View Post
    No, I do not have a pink flamingo

Ok, seriously, I am one of those annoying neat people who doesn't do much sewing because I'm too busy 'organizing'.
    I am guilty of being organized too. My space is messing during a project, but I clean up before launching the next one. I'm with Ladyjanedoe.

yep, looks like mine--no pink flamingo, but do have Elvis dolls and teddybears. Someday it will look better.

The problem is when we do get it straightened up and then start working on another project it doesn't take long to look like this again!!!
    judy
    Judy
    Quilters come with strings attached.

WOW, my space is to small to have that much unorganized stuff, I am trying to get my corner together, but I want to have a space to work in, if I had these much fabric in my space there wouldn't be room for me
    happy to have enough stash fabric at all time

I love both your rooms! My sewing room is more a storage area and I sew in the dining room. My room did look really
    bad until my DH told me he would set up my frame in the living room after I organized the sewing room. Took me a few
    weeks, but after purchasing 5 bookcases to hold the fabric it's no longer in piles and I can walk into the room! It won't stay that way long though. It's still trying to creep out into the rest of the house. My kids say I have a sewing house not a sewing room! I just tell them, yep, that's the way I like it!

Blog Entries
    And I thought I had it bad. Mine needs to be sorted and put into one room instead of in totes all over the house. I have two rooms upstairs that will have to wait til the weather turns to spring as it has no heat up there. I have done some reorganizing in the small bedroom, but will need to change some things cause youngest daughter will be home for Christmas and New Years and will need the bed to sleep on. So tomorrow I will try to get my camera to work and show some of my hoard. Yes, I am a hoarder. Can't bear to let anything go-- but then I learned from the MASTER---MY HUSBAND. Never used to have so much til I started going to auction sales with him. Now I even go with out if I can.

Blog Entries
    What's the problem? You have a floor. My husband says mine looks like a bomb went off. I bought 6 aprons panels last year for cookie day and cut them out. Cookie day never happened. I found them and made them up with the girls names on them . They loved them and it was nice going to my store and not leaving the house.

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
    wow..I don't feel so bad about mine at all now...and they called ME a hoarder! IN all fairness to myself, this has been cleaned/straightened up since these pix were taken...when it is finished I will take NEW pix!
    Attachment 290522Attachment 290523
    I think your room is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and I think you are very brave for taking a picture. If I ever get my room straightened to look as nice as yours I will take a picture.

WOW! I'm in awe of the amount of fabric you all own!! I don't have my own room so my things are here there and everywhere. I love that you all have organized chaos though.
    Angie S.

Blog Entries
    Love the term--organized chaos! Fits perfectly. I don't have near the fabric that you ladies do , but still need to organize periodically, if for no other reason but to remind myself what I have! If I can't see it, I forget it's there. How big would a room have to be in order to be able to see all your stuff?
    Judy

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by JudeWill View Post
    Love the term--organized chaos! ..... How big would a room have to be in order to be able to see all your stuff?
    My stuff or My Mothers & mine combined? LOL Like there is a difference! Actually we still have some vintage fabrics from my Grandmother from the 60's thru 80's. She left us tons of fabrics & Quilt squares made for 15 quilts. We still have 6 of them left.....saving them for extra special relatives who were born after she passed in 1986.

Back to the question.....If we moved it all into 1 room & had it organized on shelves????? probably 20'x30'.
    I joke with my Dad he should buy the foreclosed 3 Bedroom house next door to them & we will make it our Quilt house!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchit123 View Post
    I'm Felix Ungers niece ... I can't stand clutter -drives me batty --My DH always said I could organize a rock pile
    Organize a rock pile, thanks so funny.

It looks like organized chaos alright. Your all so creative in what you do so obviously this system works for you. Personally it would drive me nuts. I make a mess while I am working on a project but I have to tidy including vacuuming when I am done. My quilting friends make fun of me because I even bring a lint roller with me to classes. Thank goodness we all different. It makes the world much more fun. Thanks for sharing. Love all your beautiful fabrics.

Organized or not organized~~~I am just envious of those that have rooms to work in. I did, until last August 1, when an evergreen tree fell on the roof of the sewing/computer room, putting a hole in the roof, causing big damage there and the other room of the addition. So, to make a long story short, repairs have been made, and am waiting for the texturing, so I can paint, new flooring, get trim back on windows and doors, and then I will move my sewing into the larger~~12x20~~room of the 2. I had previously shared my sewing with my computer in a 12X12 room. I can hardly wait till the rooms are done, and I can post pics of my SEWING ROOM. And until then, I sew in my dining room, sandwich a quilt on my kitchen table, have my tubs of material in upstairs bedrooms, and sewing equipment in my closet. Sure is a test of my memory skills to remember just where I put something. But, as they say, all good things are worth waiting for or something like that.

i am so glad i am not the only one... I try and try to keep it to just a little messy and before i know it, it is a full blown explosion of "stuff"...Thanks for sharing that pic.

I'm there right there with you. Don't even know where to start organizing......someday.

Fabric is fabulous and some days I am sure I have too much. Thanks for sharing, it makes me fell much more organized.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast