Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Packing

Blog Entries
    Besides I’ve just redone my garage see —New sewing studio by me

Quote Originally Posted by amyjo View Post
    Besides I’ve just redone my garage see —New sewing studio by me
    And it’s a beautiful studio. Sounds like you’ve got plenty of good reasons to stay put.

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158.1914/ 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s/ HQSweetSixteen

Amyjo- my next door neighbor died and everyone asked his wife if/when she was moving. It seems people just expect that it's the next step. Her home is paid for, she loves the neighborhood and has no plans to move.
    I'm glad too because she's a great neighbor.

Dilemma's we quilters have....

If/when you move, sell the old furniture. Starting fresh is liberating! Told DH that I wasn't going to let price stop me from purchasing what I like, as we always had in the past. Turns out I like 1930's furniture and found some really beautiful pieces for my home at very reasonable prices. Living room and bedroom furniture were purchased new (now 11 years old)and are still in great shape.

I didn't quilt before we moved, took that up after the move. However, I am no slacker with regard to buying fabric. De-stashing would be a good idea right now, but fabric is my one great vice, have always loved fabric and always will.
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
    Dilemma's we quilters have....

If/when you move, sell the old furniture. Starting fresh is liberating! Told DH that I wasn't going to let price stop me from purchasing what I like, as we always had in the past. Turns out I like 1930's furniture and found some really beautiful pieces for my home at very reasonable prices. Living room and bedroom furniture were purchased new (now 11 years old)and are still in great shape.

I didn't quilt before we moved, took that up after the move. However, I am no slacker with regard to buying fabric. De-stashing would be a good idea right now, but fabric is my one great vice, have always loved fabric and always will.
    Interesting . . . I love my furniture and have moved most of it twice. I never think of selling it and buying something else. My furniture is mostly antiques. Some inherited, some I purchased. It's kind of like old friends who welcome me into whatever house they are in. I love them.

I also love 30's furniture. I bought several pieces over the years and still like them.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Most of our furniture are antiques (not beds or sofas) that were family pieces. They go where I go!
    But I dread the day we decide to move. So much stuff! I keep downsizing but I'm only putting a dent in it.
    We always had corporate moves so this will be a first for us doing it ourselves. Not looking forward to it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2