Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Comic board wrapped with fabric. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/comic-board-wrapped-fabric-t252064.html)

Quilty-Louise 08-19-2014 06:50 AM

LOL
Love your humor and way of thinking.

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 6851077)
Let me get this straight. Your fabric is not supposed to be dumped in a tub and shoved under the bed with the dust bunnies? You shouldn't have to dig through a pile that looks like refuse from a tornado to find what you need? Interesting concept. I should get on board with this one.

shasta5718 08-19-2014 08:09 AM

Love having mine on the boards. I just sorted into colors and placed each color in a storage box. I have them stacked on the floor and can just look in the sides to see what I need. I have about 25-30 of these and so it made more sense for me to do it that way. The boards are wonderful. If you need a lot go on line and order 1000, even with shipping you save over the local shops.

Quilty-Louise 08-19-2014 08:14 AM

I thought about ordering them online, but I don't have the money right
now to do that.
But I THINK a 1,000 boards MIGHT get me close to hold all my fabric
not sure though. However I DO cut them in half also for my smaller
cuts of fabric.

Originally Posted by shasta5718 (Post 6851153)
Love having mine on the boards. I just sorted into colors and placed each color in a storage box. I have them stacked on the floor and can just look in the sides to see what I need. I have about 25-30 of these and so it made more sense for me to do it that way. The boards are wonderful. If you need a lot go on line and order 1000, even with shipping you save over the local shops.

GailG 08-19-2014 08:19 AM

I dream of being that organized! I think you are a genium for idea of bundling the pieces you want to use together.
I get myself into trouble by repurposing something I bought with a "set" and then not having what I need when it comes time to use the set. Love your labeling system.

maggie_1936 08-19-2014 08:57 AM

great idea

cwcquilters 08-19-2014 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by jeanne49 (Post 6849578)
I sure wish I was that organized. I really get tired of hauling totes out and digging thru them. I hear so many people talking about comic boards but I have no idea where to get them - or their cost - can you give me any advice on that?
Thanks

Amazon.com is where I found mine.

Nancy

Jeanne S 08-19-2014 04:44 PM

I have been debating about using comic boards. Thanks very much for sharing and the photos. I really like your labeling idea!!

Caswews 08-20-2014 07:09 AM

Louise: What a terrific idea !! Thanks for sharing

fxsts93kf 08-20-2014 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by sparkys_mom (Post 6850786)
I think I'm doing well when it isn't lying around in heaps everywhere. :D

Me too! I love the comic board idea but I'm just too lazy at the moment to go through all my fabric. Maybe next year!:shock: my fabric is folded nice and sorted into colors until I pull a bunch of it out to audition.

Prissnboot 08-26-2014 09:31 AM

I do well to get the fabric on the boards and shelved in some sort of color organization! I can't imagine indicating the yardage of each piece.