Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Do you use an app for keeping track of your stash? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/do-you-use-app-keeping-track-your-stash-t242601.html)

ArchaicArcane 03-07-2014 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by TeresaA (Post 6613494)
You can buy an inexpensive Android tablet with no data plan and use it over wifi if you have it.

Exactly right! And in some places, Edmonton is one of them, I'm sure there are others, some of the Internet providers are offering free hotspots to connect wifi devices to all over the city. It's not just McDonalds and Starbucks anymore ;) My android tablet is wifi only and I find I rarely need to connect it while I'm out, if I've come prepared to begin with.

JoanneS 03-09-2014 10:05 PM

My only app is to open the cabinet doors in my sewing room and look until I find the fabrics I want to use - and if they aren't there, I get to go shopping!

carolaug 03-10-2014 01:43 AM

this was my thought...I like quilting because it gets me away from the computer. If I did this it would be more time on line...No thanks.

Originally Posted by wolph33 (Post 6613693)
no way am I gonna take time to list my stash-cuts into sewing time.

carolaug 03-10-2014 01:44 AM

:thumbup: I am with you sista!!

Originally Posted by JoanneS (Post 6618309)
My only app is to open the cabinet doors in my sewing room and look until I find the fabrics I want to use - and if they aren't there, I get to go shopping!

mshollysd 03-10-2014 04:16 AM

i longarm and don't get to piece much (except when the machine is in the shop), I have a droid and honestly, I have a hard time downloading any apps, let alone an app to keep my stash. I think it is better to organize the stash and then you know what you have. I tend to buy most of my quilting fabric on line on sale.

gale 03-10-2014 08:49 AM

My stash is organized now but the main reason for using the app is so that I can check easily how much of each print I have. I have collections where I have 1/2 yd of this, 2 yds of that, etc and the only way, before this, to check was to get it out and measure it. That was wasting time when I found a pattern and started getting fabric out, only to discover that there wasn't the right amount of yardage. I tried pinning notes to each piece but the notes would fall off when I was getting fabrics in and out so that was a huge waste of time. Knowing at a glance how much of each print I have should save me time alone. I have my stash all lined up now so I'll take a picture soon.

SewExtremeSeams 03-10-2014 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by JoanneS (Post 6618309)

Yup! That works... :D:D:D

yorkiejan 03-13-2014 05:07 AM

thank you. I never heard of the app. I just downloaded it to my I phone. It would be perfect when looking for fabric to match.

Snooze2978 03-14-2014 08:46 AM

I don't have a cell phone that can handle an app but I do make up lists using Excell to keep me up to date with certain fabric collections............I've purchased doubles cause I didn't know I already had it. As I shop online most times I keep the list handy next to my PC.

PurplePassion 03-14-2014 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by wolph33 (Post 6613693)
no way am I gonna take time to list my stash-cuts into sewing time.

Me too! It would take me a year to go through all of mine; to measure and refold so neatly. I will just keep making quilts and cutting down on my stash.