Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Favorite Organizers for Your Workspace? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/favorite-organizers-your-workspace-t294668.html)

zozee 02-11-2018 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by just janet (Post 8000773)
I had a desk organizer for my scissors, markers, etc. I've gathered more "stuff" as the years passed and have outgrown the desk organizer so now I'm using the counter organizer from Pampered Chef, everything stands up rite. Easy to see and grab when needed.

Me, too! I call it the Rounder. I keep rotary cutter, markers, pens, pencils, safety glove, etc in it (things that are tall enough to see sticking above the sides). When I'm good, I'll put my scissors back on the peg board and the small stuff in the little drawer that's part of my Janome sewing table.

janjanq 02-11-2018 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 8001037)
I use an old TV remote container for scissors, rotary cutters, pens, pencils, markers, etc. Works great!

. I was just going to say the same thing!

ube quilting 02-11-2018 05:45 PM

My favorite thing is vintage glass pedestal cake holders, stacked on top of each other. They hold all my odds and ends for sewing and are near at hand on both my ironing station and machine.
peace

Teen 02-11-2018 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 8001037)
I use an old TV remote container for scissors, rotary cutters, pens, pencils, markers, etc. Works great!

I love this idea.....I'm growing out of my coffee cup. Lol! I think I'll steal the one in the den since DH uses it for stuffing little pieces of paper stuff in it. :p

QuiltnLady1 02-11-2018 08:00 PM

Before I moved, I had 3 different sewing areas as well as some bags that were ready to go to different classes so I could grab and go. As I have been unpacking my stuff (I was so sick when we moved that I had friends, family and movers to pack for me), I have found multiples of a lot of my notions so I keep the ones I like the best close to where I work in cups or glasses and the rest are stowed in labeled plastic boxes on my window sill.

Mkotch 02-12-2018 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by mlt150 (Post 8001192)

Thanks so much for this link - what a find!

maudeflanagan 02-12-2018 05:59 AM

So many great suggestions here. Thank you everyone for your responses. I need to get my tools in order. Now I have some ideas to work with.

ka9sdn 02-12-2018 08:29 AM

I had a desk organizer for my scissors, markers, etc. I've gathered more "stuff" as the years passed and have outgrown the desk organizer so now I'm using the counter organizer from Pampered Chef, everything stands up rite. Easy to see and grab when needed.

That is what I have too and really like it as I can see everything I have in it in just a glance.

SuziSew 02-12-2018 01:09 PM

That's what I use too! Works great for things I use a lot!

petthefabric 02-12-2018 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting (Post 8001604)
My favorite thing is vintage glass pedestal cake holders, stacked on top of each other. They hold all my odds and ends for sewing and are near at hand on both my ironing station and machine.
peace

Nice. And I have several that will never be used for cakes.