Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Favorite Organizers for Your Workspace? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/favorite-organizers-your-workspace-t294668.html)

maudeflanagan 02-10-2018 04:09 AM

Favorite Organizers for Your Workspace?

I am wondering if anyone has some favorite commercially available organizers or improvised for your sewing space. I am mostly interested in a place to keep my scissors, cutters, seam ripper, etc and keeping them handy but tidy.

catsden 02-10-2018 09:19 AM

For sissors and cutter I use a fork/knife/spoon tray. I have a cutting table that has a drawer in it and the tray fits perfectly. Even if I did not have the drawer I would still use it.

Tartan 02-10-2018 09:40 AM

I have a cookie sheet that I put the little clear chocolate boxes on for all my misc. stuff. It is easy to lift the whole tray to move it if needed.

selm 02-10-2018 10:47 AM

I have a small three-drawer plastic unit that sits on top of a short bookcase in my sewing room. I use the top drawer for my rotary cutters and scissors. The second drawer holds all my pins. I started using this as my sewing room at the time was used periodically as a bedroom for my grandchildren. I would take the whole unit to my bedroom so I wouldn't worry about them getting into anything sharp. Basically, everything is handy and free from dust.

Boston1954 02-10-2018 12:28 PM

There is a pegboard right next to the machine. Scissors, rulers, rotary cutter, even small boxes of thread. All right where I can get them. Keeps them of off the table too.

Juliebelle 02-10-2018 01:20 PM

On my cutting table I use and old bill sorter it is small with 4 slots , 2 little shelves underneath and it has like a small pencils hold on one end that holds my rotary cutter. Next to my machine is use a small oblong drawer divider that holds my seam ripper, small scissors, cleaning brush and my long tweezers. They both work well for me and I already had them.

just janet 02-10-2018 04:30 PM

I had a desk organizer for my scissors, markers, etc. I've gathered more "stuff" as the years passed and have outgrown the desk organizer so now I'm using the counter organizer from Pampered Chef, everything stands up rite. Easy to see and grab when needed.

mrs theo 02-10-2018 05:17 PM

I'm with Boston1954. My pegboard holds my rulers, scissors, rotary cutters, extra blades, etc. I can see everything at a glance and my scissor points have no pressure on them.

TexasSunshine 02-10-2018 06:23 PM

I use a divided silverware tray for all my tools. I have a large sewing table and the tray sits to the right of my machine and is easy to reach.

Teen 02-10-2018 07:40 PM

I use a pretty blue pedestal coffee cup from Starbucks. Everything is in that thing from seam rippers, to small rulers, those tools you use to turn inside/out, mechanical pencils, machine screwdriver, basically, anything long and skinny. My scissors are in its own case. Both are kept behind my machine. Works for me...lol!