Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Frustrated (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/frustrated-t201609.html)

bgullett 10-03-2012 04:23 PM

I think every one of us who have read this can relate. I usually find things when I rearrange or am not looking for them anymore.

QuiltnNan 10-05-2012 03:29 AM

that's why i hesitate to move things... i can never remember where i moved them to LOL

peacefulquilting 03-05-2013 09:19 PM

Here's my reason for having to reorganize my sewing room: In the past ten years, I know I've bought at least two (if not three) copies of the Yellow Brick Road pattern and I STILL can't find either one of them!!!!

Teddybear Lady 03-05-2013 09:46 PM

Every time I straighten my sewing room, I find things I forgot I had. It's exciting to find material, markers, patterns, etc. I hope you can find what you are looking for. It can be frustrating knowing it's "hiding" somewhere "safe". haha

DonnaC 03-06-2013 07:32 PM

Oh yes, we can all relate for sure. I recently picked up the second issue of the new Quilting Quickly magazine, then I wanted to look back at the patterns in the first issue. Could I find that issue? Why, nooooo, I could not! I finally found it downstairs in my living room, stuck in between some newspaper flyers, not upstairs in the sewing room where it belongs. How did it get down there? I have no clue! :)

QuiltFaerie 03-07-2013 07:55 AM

The Honey Bun Fairies have it and are currently playing with it. When they are done, they will put it back where you can find it. I blame everything I cannot find on fairies. There are the Scissor Fairies, the Seam Ripper Fairies, the Car Key Fairies. Those fairies can be darn annoying some days.

Gail

Sierra 03-07-2013 08:14 AM

It is time we start making maps! I'm serious. We have an Asian medicine cabinet (was for herbal medicines that the old ways used... and some still do so today). It is perfect for keeping paper clips, small clamps, rubber bands, color pens, tapes, business cards, etc. DH made a map of the chest and put it in the top center drawer. He's so brilliant! I'm thinking that I need to do that for my sewing room. After each quilt I could check the map and not end up putting too many things in the wrong place. Most things go in the right place, but when you need that one specific thing, and can't find it......!!! Yes, I'm going to do this as soon as I get clearence from the doc to start walking more (Achilles problem operated on). See, even bum deals can result in good things happening.

Emma S 03-07-2013 08:18 AM

How many times can you lose a book with quilting patterns in it? Well last count three times. All of my quilting books are in a single book case, so where could I have put the missing book? I know if I bought a replacement it would show up. I think this book is magic.

Skratchie 03-07-2013 10:15 AM

I lose things with such alarming regularity, my husband threatened to put a lo-jack theft deterrent device on me, or at least a panic button car alarm, for fear I would forget where I put myself! He nearly got smacked for that one, LOL, but he does have a point. How disorganized can one woman BE?? No matter how hard I try to get myself organized, it just seems to get worse ...

QuiltFaerie 03-08-2013 06:50 AM

The biggest problem is that I am a very unorganized and messy person. I get so disgusted with myself. I try to be more organized but I swear it just never works. I organize and the next thing you know, everything is a disaster again. I about made myself nuts yesterday looking for my 3.5 inch square creative grid. I am giving up and buying a new one today. I bet as soon as I do, I find the "missing" one. Aaaaarrrrrggghhhhh

If I really want to scare myself, I watch a few episodes of Hoarders, Buried Alive. Now mind you, I am truly not even close to that but it usually works as a good smack in the face to get my mess under control.

Gail