Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated

Frustrated

Hi Everyone: Have posted on the other sites to this board but never here. After more than two days of very hard work, I finally have some organization. I inventoried, refolded and rearranged my entire stash. Bought new storage bins and actually know what I now have. Did I gain any additional room from all this - not hardly. Still feel good about a job well done. However, went back into the sewing room today to start a project using a honey bun roll I had. Must be I put it in one dandy place because I can't find it anywhere. After an hour or so of searching I just walked away. This will drive me crazy until I find it.

Totally understand. I always say I don't have a filing problem, I have a retrieval problem. You will find it and it will get easier next time.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
    went back into the sewing room today to start a project using a honey bun roll I had. Must be I put it in one dandy place because I can't find it anywhere. After an hour or so of searching I just walked away. This will drive me crazy until I find it.
    You probably know exactly where it was before you organized.

Oh my goodness! I could have written the story about trying to find a specific fabric or jelly roll. My fabrics have been "organized" withing the last four months and I felt really proud of myself. Fortunately, I did not break my arm patting myself on the back as I later realized I was "missing" a few pieces purchased for specific projects. Last week, yes it too that long, I came across a laundry basket of misc. kits and yardage I had stored in the back of the linen closet. What can I say? I had decluttered the linen closet prior to working with the fabric...... Last week I thought it was time to review the contents of that closet and make some donations.......

Hopefully, you will discover the honeybun tomorrow. :-)

My kids never understand why I do not want o clean up things! This is just the reason! I know where they are not but if I put them away I will not remember!! Hope you find it soon!

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    This is too funny. I am the world's worst when it comes to retrieving. Leave the chaos where it is and play! I'm kidding: I really have cleaned and organized, but the ONLY reason I can find stuff is because I labeled all the baskets and boxes before I put stuff in. Here's hoping you find it soon. Good luck!

Been there done that! We've all misplaced something at one time or the other. You have it organized, just give yourself a little time to get used to your new system. If you change your mine and want to change your system, that's okay to. (Think we've all probably done that at least once.)
    Don't beat yourself up, we all probably walked in the same shoes at one time or another.
    Hang in there!...
    Country 1

I totally relate! If you're like me, you'll find it in the kitchen (where you set it down to answer the phone) or on the desk in you child's room (from when you were called away to help with a homework question.) It will show up, just not where you think it should be. For your sanity, I hope it shows up soon.

Been there, done that! At the moment I'm looking for a yo-yo maker and twister tool that I purchased at a recent Quilt Show. As a final note, my daughter always refers to my sewing room as organized chaos.

I always remember where something was, can't always remember where I moved them to. Lost my buttons found them and finally found them again. No I finally remember where they are. I put them in a seldom used cabinet in my sewing room. Some things I still haven't found, smaller things.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I have the same problem. I am thinking of putting lists of contents on all my storage units. I surprise myself all the time with "new" finds of things I have bought but forgotten about. )

I have the same problem -- you should see what my clean sewing room looks like because I am trying to find a piece of fabric that I put somewhere that I could easily find it. Of course, that is the only thing I want to work on right now -- sigh.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

I am currently looking for: 1 patriotic jelly roll, 1 Lil Twister Ruler, 1 throat plate for my grandmother's vintage Singer, 1 bag of fat quarters bought specifically for my DGD little ponies quilt and a piece of fabric bought to applique sock monkies. If anybody finds any of my things, please let me know! That's what I get for cleaning up and organizing my stuff and stash so I could find it!!!!! I'm sure all of the above will turn up when I stop looking. LOL

I can so relate! So frustrating...and the time wasted searching really annoys me! Oh well, we're not alone.

Lol I've done that TO! Just know I've got that one darn Color or Print Just saw It! But Where oh Where Is It NOW! It was Blue should be in the Blues ? Darn it!
    May Your Life Be Full of Charity and Love.

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    Um, yeah, I can relate. I do such a good job cleaning up I can't find anything. Just pile it on the cutting table where I can find it, OK?
    aka Chicken McLittle

If it's true we learn from our mistakes, I'm going to be a genius!

Just checking back in to report I found the flippin' honey bun roll. Now I've lost my momentum. The sewing room looks so neat I hate to mess it up. I should just jump right back in there and plan for another total clean out real soon - how does five years sound?! Organized chaos seems to work better for me.

My problem is that happens at home, at work, in the car.....I hate when that happens. You'll probably wake up in the middle of the night and know just where you put it.

I put my favorite purse patterns in a new place and can't find them for the life of me!

Blog Entries
    I know that feeling. I can't tell you how many things I have gone out and bought new fabric, rulers, patterns and other things because I have lost them in the rubble of my sewing room. I have a hard time with being neat. I admit it. I am a slob. I have been trying to clean my sewing room since the middle of August and it's still a mess.

I think every one of us who have read this can relate. I usually find things when I rearrange or am not looking for them anymore.

Blog Entries
    that's why i hesitate to move things... i can never remember where i moved them to LOL
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Here's my reason for having to reorganize my sewing room: In the past ten years, I know I've bought at least two (if not three) copies of the Yellow Brick Road pattern and I STILL can't find either one of them!!!!

Every time I straighten my sewing room, I find things I forgot I had. It's exciting to find material, markers, patterns, etc. I hope you can find what you are looking for. It can be frustrating knowing it's "hiding" somewhere "safe". haha

Oh yes, we can all relate for sure. I recently picked up the second issue of the new Quilting Quickly magazine, then I wanted to look back at the patterns in the first issue. Could I find that issue? Why, nooooo, I could not! I finally found it downstairs in my living room, stuck in between some newspaper flyers, not upstairs in the sewing room where it belongs. How did it get down there? I have no clue!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast