Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Frustrated (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/frustrated-t201609.html)

SouthPStitches 09-26-2012 02:25 PM

Frustrated

Hi Everyone: Have posted on the other sites to this board but never here. After more than two days of very hard work, I finally have some organization. I inventoried, refolded and rearranged my entire stash. Bought new storage bins and actually know what I now have. Did I gain any additional room from all this - not hardly. Still feel good about a job well done. However, went back into the sewing room today to start a project using a honey bun roll I had. Must be I put it in one dandy place because I can't find it anywhere. After an hour or so of searching I just walked away. This will drive me crazy until I find it.

lfstamper 09-26-2012 02:27 PM

Totally understand. I always say I don't have a filing problem, I have a retrieval problem. You will find it and it will get easier next time.

quiltsRfun 09-26-2012 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches (Post 5543165)
went back into the sewing room today to start a project using a honey bun roll I had. Must be I put it in one dandy place because I can't find it anywhere. After an hour or so of searching I just walked away. This will drive me crazy until I find it.

You probably know exactly where it was before you organized. ;)

kay carlson 09-26-2012 03:14 PM

Oh my goodness! I could have written the story about trying to find a specific fabric or jelly roll. My fabrics have been "organized" withing the last four months and I felt really proud of myself. Fortunately, I did not break my arm patting myself on the back as I later realized I was "missing" a few pieces purchased for specific projects. Last week, yes it too that long, I came across a laundry basket of misc. kits and yardage I had stored in the back of the linen closet. What can I say? I had decluttered the linen closet prior to working with the fabric...... Last week I thought it was time to review the contents of that closet and make some donations.......

Hopefully, you will discover the honeybun tomorrow. :-)

Up North 09-26-2012 03:35 PM

My kids never understand why I do not want o clean up things! This is just the reason! I know where they are not but if I put them away I will not remember!! Hope you find it soon!

fleurdelisquilts.com 09-26-2012 04:33 PM

This is too funny. I am the world's worst when it comes to retrieving. Leave the chaos where it is and play! I'm kidding: I really have cleaned and organized, but the ONLY reason I can find stuff is because I labeled all the baskets and boxes before I put stuff in. Here's hoping you find it soon. Good luck!

Country1 09-27-2012 01:08 AM

Been there done that! We've all misplaced something at one time or the other. You have it organized, just give yourself a little time to get used to your new system. If you change your mine and want to change your system, that's okay to. (Think we've all probably done that at least once.)
Don't beat yourself up, we all probably walked in the same shoes at one time or another.
Hang in there!...

Kris P 09-27-2012 04:15 AM

I totally relate! If you're like me, you'll find it in the kitchen (where you set it down to answer the phone) or on the desk in you child's room (from when you were called away to help with a homework question.) It will show up, just not where you think it should be. For your sanity, I hope it shows up soon.

just janet 09-27-2012 05:32 AM

Been there, done that! At the moment I'm looking for a yo-yo maker and twister tool that I purchased at a recent Quilt Show. As a final note, my daughter always refers to my sewing room as organized chaos.

Jingle 09-27-2012 05:51 AM

I always remember where something was, can't always remember where I moved them to. Lost my buttons found them and finally found them again. No I finally remember where they are. I put them in a seldom used cabinet in my sewing room. Some things I still haven't found, smaller things.