Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   How my daughter stored all of my fat quarters! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/how-my-daughter-stored-all-my-fat-quarters-t237816.html)

PlanoDebbie 12-31-2013 12:00 PM

How my daughter stored all of my fat quarters!

Eleven months of the year, my Dining Room table serves as my sewing room. I clear away my mess for Thanksgiving, and it doesn't usually reappear until right after New Years.

This year my daughter moved all of my stuff upstairs and organized a space for me. In the loft is my long arm machine. We have a huge metal desk up there that we bought over 25 years ago. She set up my machine on that desk. I've got a huge snap together plastic storage shelf near it that used to have a bunch of my hubby's junk on. She cleared away half of the shelves to put my fabric on them.

The coolest thing she did was to take the CD/DVD shelf we bought her for college (she graduated in May) and sort out all of my fat quarters on the shelves by color. The little shelves are the perfect depth for my fat quarters. It makes it so easy now to just look at one section to decide which piece is most perfect for my current project. This shelf is only about 48" tall and about 24" wide, but it sure holds a ton of fat quarters on it.

cathyvv 12-31-2013 12:11 PM

Can I adopt your daughter for a couple of weeks? That is such a wonderful gift from your wonderful daughter! Seems like you raised her right.

KalamaQuilts 12-31-2013 01:48 PM

Niceeee daughter!

ube quilting 12-31-2013 04:26 PM

What a nice present. DD gets a big hug((((())))). If you can show us some pictures,I would love to see "your space".
peace

GEMRM 12-31-2013 04:35 PM

That is such a thoughtful thing for her to do for you. She is special to have organized things so well for you.
I hope you share with her the positive comments about her efforts that are posted. She deserves to hear what we all think of her!
I second the motion/request for pictures!

M.Elizabeth 12-31-2013 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by GEMRM (Post 6484612)
That is such a thoughtful thing for her to do for you. She is special to have organized things so well for you. I hope you share with her the positive comments about her efforts that are posted. She deserves to hear what we all think of her! I second the motion/request for pictures!

Agree! Agree!

Painiacs 12-31-2013 08:07 PM

Great dd! Would love to see her efforts!

coastienest 12-31-2013 08:21 PM

You are so darn lucky. My daughter is afraid to go anywhere near my quilting room so I am pretty sure I'll need to do all my own organizing. I too would love to see pictures. Give her a big hug for all of us quilting moms.

beaglelady 12-31-2013 09:39 PM

What a wonderful daughter! So thoughtful and kind. Enjoy your new organized quilting space. Happy New Year to you and your daughter.

Joset 01-01-2014 05:38 AM

can i borrow your daughter for a while just son here? lol