Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   It's finally finished, the "Quilting Annex" is ready to go!!! (lots of pictures) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/its-finally-finished-quilting-annex-ready-go-lots-pictures-t210293.html)

Chasing Hawk 01-07-2013 10:27 AM

New pictures

5 Attachment(s)
I forgot to take pictures yesterday on the insert that allows the machine to be taken out. And the spool holder offset behind the machine.

cricket_iscute 01-07-2013 11:15 AM

What a spectacular setup, especially the desk! Good job! Regarding the desk, I'd like to know more about how you recessed the machine. Is there one solid piece of wood at the very bottom on which the machine sits and then a second piece of wood, with a cutout, on which the surface of the quilt moves? If not, then what did you do? Thanks!

Chasing Hawk 01-07-2013 11:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Cricket

The recessed part is 11" x 36" x 3 3/4". A smaller piece of material was cut just a little bit bigger than the bottom of the machine, the other thin board is there as a spacer to raise the machine to the proper height.

These pictures should give you a better idea on how this was done.

mjhaess 01-07-2013 04:36 PM

Nice room.....Bet you enjoy your time in there...thanks for sharing....

imnywoman 01-07-2013 06:59 PM

What a fabulous room, I love it!

nls 01-07-2013 07:10 PM

A very nice bright room--enjoy!

Chasing Hawk 01-07-2013 08:16 PM

Thanks Ladies. I am still hoping to get in at least one of my sewing rooms this week.
I still have two rooms of the house to clean. Now if Kola the cat could learn to clean as well as she naps and inspects quilts I would have it made...lol

FabricHeaven 01-07-2013 09:50 PM

I love your new quilting room! It is functional, pretty, light and cozy. You guys did a great job! Enjoy!!

cricket_iscute 01-07-2013 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 5769237)
Hi Cricket

The recessed part is 11" x 36" x 3 3/4". A smaller piece of material was cut just a little bit bigger than the bottom of the machine, the other thin board is there as a spacer to raise the machine to the proper height.

These pictures should give you a better idea on how this was done.

Thank you so much! These pictures let me see that you used L brackets, which is a smart and relatively easy way to do it. I was making it too hard to do in my mind.

This is a wonderful room and great equipment. Congratulations on your fine job.

Chasing Hawk 01-08-2013 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by cricket_iscute (Post 5770491)
Thank you so much! These pictures let me see that you used L brackets, which is a smart and relatively easy way to do it. I was making it too hard to do in my mind.

This is a wonderful room and great equipment. Congratulations on your fine job.

Your most welcome Cricket.
The edges are finished with a melamine tape that irons on. Gives it a really nice finished look.