Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   It's finally finished, the "Quilting Annex" is ready to go!!! (lots of pictures) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/its-finally-finished-quilting-annex-ready-go-lots-pictures-t210293.html)

Chasing Hawk 01-06-2013 04:40 PM

It's finally finished, the "Quilting Annex" is ready to go!!! (lots of pictures)

9 Attachment(s)
Well, it's done. My new quilting table is in. It's organized, clean and I am pooped........LOL

The concept of my quilting table is the same as HQ's Sweet Sixteen setup, only larger.
Bailey's new table is 60" x 40", the bookcase is 29" x 15" and it's 30" high. My husband rounded off the one corner so I didn't take of half my hip running into it, plus is prevents the quilt top from catching on it.

We bought some crates from Micheal's, the big book case my husband made me last year. It holds my quilting books, magazines, my yarn and knitting stuff, and my cool red Bose Ipod dock sits on top.
I have storage under the table for my silver tubs filled with scraps of various sizes. The big blue tub is my UFO
storage (only 2 UFO's are in there) the quilt on the trunk is a top I bought at a church rummage sale for 50 cents.
I am hand tying that one.
The closet is an extra stash spot, it is my fleece stash. as well as a catch all on the other side...LOL
The antique hutch belonged to my husband's father. I think its a cool piece of furniture.
Don't panic Ladies!! The main horde of my fabric stash is in the other sewing room. I didn't want you to think I had gone off the deep end and lost my stash. It's safe......LOL

Enjoy the tour !!!

hopetoquilt 01-06-2013 05:18 PM

Great room. Love it when a quilter actually hangs quilts in her quilt room!

Chasing Hawk 01-06-2013 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt (Post 5767681)
Great room. Love it when a quilter actually hangs quilts in her quilt room!

I made the fish one. And the small doll quilt I picked up at an antique shop.
Thanks for the compliment.

mighty 01-06-2013 06:36 PM

Awesome quilting room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country1 01-06-2013 06:39 PM

Wonderful area! Looks very neat and inviting. Enjoy.
Penny

TinkerQuilts 01-06-2013 06:42 PM

That's a fantastic room!
On the chair by the window, do I see a little pet bed for your quilt inspector?

Chasing Hawk 01-06-2013 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by TinkerQuilts (Post 5767875)
That's a fantastic room!
On the chair by the window, do I see a little pet bed for your quilt inspector?

Yes, you do!

Kola inspects everything and claims it as hers.

Chasing Hawk 01-06-2013 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Country1 (Post 5767872)
Wonderful area! Looks very neat and inviting. Enjoy.
Penny

Thanks Penny

Chasing Hawk 01-06-2013 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by mighty (Post 5767866)
Awesome quilting room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, I hope to be using it, I mean messing it up by next weekend. :)

callen 01-07-2013 04:46 AM

Lovely bright & cozy room. Looks very inviting. I am sure you will love creating in that space.