Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Let's Organize Something Today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/lets-organize-something-today-t273952.html)

Notwendy 01-06-2016 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mimmis57 (Post 7422063)
What a great idea! I should try that with every project; not just sewing!

Now that's just crazy talk! : )

Quilty-Louise 01-09-2016 09:07 AM

FINALLY today I am going to be able to work on my corner some.

It has been a few weeks since I was able to crawl into the corner
to work. So I am going to set up my music to play along with a
timer set at 15 minute interval and see how much I can get done.

One thing I believe is going to help me is that my hubs had to work
today, which leaves me at home alone.

Let the disco music commence playing.

zozee 01-10-2016 04:19 PM

Haha. The image I got in my mind when I pictured a cluttered corner and disco music was "Staying Alive"--or is that "Buried Alive"? LOL. How much did you get accomplished in how much time?

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 7428786)
FINALLY today I am going to be able to work on my corner some.

It has been a few weeks since I was able to crawl into the corner
to work. So I am going to set up my music to play along with a
timer set at 15 minute interval and see how much I can get done.

One thing I believe is going to help me is that my hubs had to work
today, which leaves me at home alone.

Let the disco music commence playing.

Quilty-Louise 01-10-2016 05:24 PM

Not nearly enough :thumbdown:

I did get a little more done today than yesterday, but still not
enough to show a difference.

Originally Posted by zozee (Post 7430205)
Haha. The image I got in my mind when I pictured a cluttered corner and disco music was "Staying Alive"--or is that "Buried Alive"? LOL. How much did you get accomplished in how much time?

tkhooper 01-10-2016 05:51 PM

I just found this thread today. I had already started organizing because of the christmas thing. The last of the decorations came down and got boxed up. That cleaned up half of the cutting table. The other half got cleaned up when I finished the Raggedy Brick Charity Quilt. Today I took all the plastic bags and separated them by color for the tote recycling project. Don't ask me when I'll actually get around to that because there are many projects in front of it. But at least I know how many bags I have in each color. And they are all flattened and ready for cutting.

The next project is to removed the tin cans and airplane snips from the bottom drawer and put the kits in there so that it doesn't look so messy on the bookshelves.

ctyankee 01-10-2016 06:11 PM

So I did some more sorting this weekend. Since I work full-time M-F, the weekend is the only time I have. It's interesting the stuff one finds that had been forgotten. Sometimes it's like Christmas all over again! I have all my Christmas fabric in one large bin, my scraps in another, slightly smaller bin. Some day I will have to go through that scrap bin. Lots of fabric on one shelf unit that still needs sorting. Today I didn't make as much progress as I did yesterday. But it does feel good to make even a little progress. Baby steps, I guess.

tkhooper 01-11-2016 04:25 AM

I didn't get to the tins yet but I did get all of the templates corralled and put up on their wall hanger so I can find them when i need them.

tkhooper 01-11-2016 08:09 AM

wow I got the egg cartons on their way to the lady with chickens. I got the extra cookbooks that I don't care for on their way to good homes. I even got the garbage to the dumpster...I'm exhausted.

AUQuilter 01-11-2016 08:28 AM

Scraps got so large I put them in an underbed storage box. Decided to spend 2 hours today cutting them down into projects and/or usable dimensions.

Sophie2 01-11-2016 02:28 PM

I was happy that I cut the left over pieces from my last project into strips and cleaned off my cutting table before starting a new project. Little steps!