Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/sewing-room-t295972.html)

copycat 04-06-2018 03:16 AM

Looks like a very happy place. You have done well organizing your space. Enjoy many quilting adventures there!

momsbusy 04-06-2018 06:25 AM

Not bad. Replacing the computer and it’s chair frees up some great space. You have a nice amount of work space. Enjoy. I have cheap plastic drawers from target under my tables and pegboards on my wall to hang up my rulers, scissors, rotary cutters, etc.

Sandra in Minnesota 04-06-2018 07:39 PM

Mine is in a small room too (8 X 10) I usually cute on the dining room table, which is right outside the sewing room door. Cozy is great for me!

Teen 04-07-2018 04:14 PM

I've been in a cozy place since I Started quilting and I've made it work just fine. Your sewing nook looks great.

Jingle 04-21-2018 03:24 PM

It isn't the size of the room that counts. It is how well you set it up that counts.

amyjo 05-05-2018 06:48 PM

If I had a basement n lived alone all my fabrics would be upstairs in the bedrooms n have beds in the basement. Haha I am alone n do not go to basement. Converting garage into sewing studio

pchp 05-06-2018 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by amyjo (Post 8053044)
If I had a basement n lived alone all my fabrics would be upstairs in the bedrooms n have beds in the basement. Haha I am alone n do not go to basement. Converting garage into sewing studio

When my older son moved out, I moved into the upstairs bedroom I'd coveted for a quilt room since we moved into the house. Previously, my quilting stuff had been in the guest room in the basement.

SillySusan 05-06-2018 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt (Post 8034599)
... Living alone I can sew all over the house if I decide to do that. So, instead of a sewing room I have a sewing house...works for me.

My house is a sewing house also. The entire 2nd floor (2 bedrooms and the loft) are filled with sewing stuff. One bedroom and the loft hold piles of fabric, plastic tubs of fabric, boxes of fabric, shelves of fabric. No separation of size or color. The other bedroom has the sewing machine, ironing board, and cutting table. And, piles of batting, shelves of fabric and cut squares, boxes of misc. notions and rulers, quilting books, a closet full of UFOs. ... Yikes! I think I better
get busy!!! Oh, and two big boxes of Pack-n-Play sheets cut out and ready to sew!

Quiltlady330 05-11-2018 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by DJ (Post 8034187)
I have trouble keeping flat surfaces clear!

I do, too! I constantly work on that. Clearing, piling up, clearing, piling up. It never ends.

SewingSenior 05-11-2018 07:21 PM

Love your L-shape work arrangement, very convenient for pressing seams before adding the next piece without having to get up. It seems like that's all I do sometimes is sit down and sew 30 seconds, get up and press for 30 seconds, then repeat. On the bright side it's only 1 step from my sewing table to the pressing board.