Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/sewing-room-t295972.html)

lena9221 04-04-2018 08:41 AM

Sewing room

1 Attachment(s)
An 8 x 10 room. Not big, but it works. Has room for my modified ironing board, a wall of shelving and a 4 ft table for a work area. I'm thinking about a 6' table, so I can have both machines out at the same time. Fabric is stored in bins on the shelves. Not to shabby for a $0 budget. Since this pic, I have removed the computer, so there's room for the bigger table. (Apologies for the messy room.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]592154[/ATTACH]

Tartan 04-04-2018 09:26 AM

Very nice area! I would not take a picture of my sewing room right now as I am ironing, sorting and cutting scraps.

DJ 04-04-2018 09:52 AM

Cozy is nice! Less room to mess up. I have trouble keeping flat surfaces clear!

mrs theo 04-04-2018 10:27 AM

Looks like a great work space!!!

luvstoquilt 04-05-2018 04:42 AM

Try as I might, my spaces are a mess but it is an organized one. lol I have a room in my basement where my fabric collection is stored. This is where I cut out and do prep work. I have an ironing board and iron here as well. I didn't like sewing in that room and while I live alone, I still felt isolated. There is good light there but I couldn't hear the doorbell so I sew on my first floor. It actually keeps the lint and string mess down and it is forced exercise because I have to go downstairs when I need to cut anything. I do have an iron and ironing board in both rooms and could cut small things on my kitchen island if I decide not to run downstairs. Living alone I can sew all over the house if I decide to do that. So, instead of a sewing room I have a sewing house...works for me.

tranum 04-05-2018 04:44 AM

A small space forces me to be neater and organized. At least that’s how my mind works !

Rhonda K 04-05-2018 04:48 AM

Nothing wrong with small and compact rooms. Great that you made a zero budget work for you. I love the L shape work space and use one too. Small rooms can make storage a challenge so it really helps to be organized. One option is to think "up". I love the sewing rooms with the cabinets on the wall for storage.

My room is 10x12 so rather small too. I installed 3 rows of shelves over the work table. There are 3 different work tables, a 72x24 cutting table and a lateral file cabinet for home office files.

There are also behind the door organizers that hang on the door. These take little space but with added hooks can store rulers and other flat items.

Enjoy your space!

feffertim 04-05-2018 07:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by lena9221 (Post 8034162)
An 8 x 10 room. Not big, but it works. Has room for my modified ironing board, a wall of shelving and a 4 ft table for a work area. I'm thinking about a 6' table, so I can have both machines out at the same time. Fabric is stored in bins on the shelves. Not to shabby for a $0 budget. Since this pic, I have removed the computer, so there's room for the bigger table. (Apologies for the messy room.) here is how I set up my small space for two machines in easy reach. [ATTACH=CONFIG]592259[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]592154[/ATTACH]

this is how I set up my small space for two machines in easy reach[ATTACH=CONFIG]592259[/ATTACH]

Innov8R 04-05-2018 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have had my 2 main machines on a big corner computer desk for years. I love rolling my chair to the other machine when I am working. I used to keep a serger and embroidery machine on the corner desk. Now it is my Juki and my embroidery machine.

JanieH 04-05-2018 08:34 AM

Thank you for sharing your sewing room with us. I will be moving this summer and my current room is14' x 20'. My new one will be about the same size as yours so I am especially interested in seeing how you placed things and reading the comments from others about theirs and how fabric, etc., is being stored. I am definitely going to have to downsize and do some stash busting!