Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   What are we organizing today (2017)? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/what-we-organizing-today-2017-a-t284878.html)

MFord 05-15-2017 07:41 AM

No place to organize all my stuff! Just need to give it all away (except, of course, all the new fabric I bought Saturday at the NW Quilters show in Portland!).

amyjo 05-15-2017 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 7824316)
I keep threatening to do that for the entire house--1 big dumpster and a conveyor belt to send things out the windows directly into the dumpster LOL--

Rob

That's probably what I should do upstairs. Have the dump truck right under a window n out it goes. I can't believe my in laws saved hughe tvs and broken furniture

amyjo 05-15-2017 08:45 AM

I have decided to renovate my garage since I can't park a car in there in the winter. Could never get it out with all the snow. Then trade the skidshack to someone who could use it for construction office or something. My kids figured then I don't have to go outside and it's all in one place.

rryder 05-15-2017 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by amyjo (Post 7824456)
I have decided to renovate my garage since I can't park a car in there in the winter. Could never get it out with all the snow. Then trade the skidshack to someone who could use it for construction office or something. My kids figured then I don't have to go outside and it's all in one place.

Good idea, Amyjo. You'll love being able to get to your sewing studio without trekking outside when the weather's bad.

Rob

AUQuilter 05-15-2017 10:49 AM

After I finish up a little sewing project for DH, I am working on the closet in guest room. Since my sewing room has no closet I store some things in guest closet. It needs a little redo and then I will tackle the scrap bin separating for a few projects.

MFord 05-15-2017 12:13 PM

I cleared out some shelves today and got some of my excess stuff onto them. Also bagged up some fabric for Linus and put some in tubs. At least I can reach my sewing machine now!

retiredteacher09 05-15-2017 05:40 PM

I took a couple of boxes and a few other containers with scraps and projects started by different people with me today to work on while I 'babysat' my 10 and 8 year old great nieces. The plan was to go through the boxes and organize their contents for various projects. I did a little this morning but the weather was beautiful and we went to Como Zoo in St. Paul for a few hours. Memory-making time!

My organization goal is to round up orphan blocks and sew them together in a scrappy quilt for donation.

Connie

beckyj 05-16-2017 12:39 AM

I cut shapes and sort my scraps into shapes first an then put into categories. I like scrap quilts and find it easier to make if not sorted all by color but by clean design ( solids, small prints and tone on tone) and large prints, odd prints. Strips are parallel, not always sorted by size at this time but under 3 inches. Still easy to pull colors as needed. Larger strips go into their own shoe-boxes, 3,3 1/2,4,4 1/2,5,6.

rryder 05-16-2017 05:12 AM

Sounds like a fun time, Connie!

I'll be trying to get an outdoor project finished today. A neighbor put a wooden glider in the trash last week, so of course I had to drag it home. It needed some rotten wood replaced and lots of sanding and painting. The repair is done and most of the sanding, so if I have time after painting it I will sort through the junk pile in our back yard, setting aside "keepers" and stuff to be donated or trashed.

Rob

petthefabric 05-20-2017 09:34 PM

The guild show is behind me. Have a group project-quick. Then a commission quilting. Deadlines keep me focussed. THEN, CLEAN UP THAT ROOM. Everything has a place, but the "place" is empty. And in the mess, I know where some things are. Still have a little work space-good to go.

Someone keeps pushing me. We don't work anything alike. The deadline isn't until the 31st and she wants it tomorrow. Gesh! She's obsesive with details. I like to wing-it. We just need to keep remembering to be thankful for the others strengths. And let her help me with my weaknesses. Thank you God.