Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   What are we organizing today (2017)? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/what-we-organizing-today-2017-a-t284878.html)

rryder 08-04-2017 12:16 PM

Very impressive Zozee--- I need you to come over to my house right now :D

Rob

quiltmouse 09-08-2017 04:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I've been organizing my sewing room. Here's the sewing desk area.

This weekend's goal - get this cupboard on the wall.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]580250[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 09-08-2017 05:07 PM

Looks so neat and tidy, qmouse:thumbup:! wish mine would stay that way.

zozee 09-08-2017 05:26 PM

Good start, quiltmouse:) Nice,clean slate to work with. You are gonna LOVE it!!

tscweaves 09-14-2017 09:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Between yesterday and this morning, I cleaned up and organized my sewing area. It used to be my dining room but now the drop-leaf dining table is pushed to the wall and a cutting table has taken center stage. I have started to use my grandma's china cabinet for fabric, so that stuff is out of bags and off chairs. I also went through and closed up all of my sewings machines. This is about the best this room has looked since all of these vintage sewing machines came to live with me starting in April this year, so I had to take pictures:-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]580558[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580559[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 09-14-2017 01:00 PM

Looking good, tscweaves...love the blue blocks...tell us more.

tscweaves 09-14-2017 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 7906172)
Looking good, tscweaves...love the blue blocks...tell us more.

I guess the trick will be to keep it like this! I am amazed at how fast I can trash a sewing area. LOL

The blue blocks are from following the Monthly Quilting Bee here on QB. I just started quilting this spring and the Bee has been a wonderful place to learn and improve my skills. I have been playing with the layout on my design wall.

oksewglad 09-14-2017 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by tscweaves (Post 7906224)
I guess the trick will be to keep it like this! I am amazed at how fast I can trash a sewing area. LOL

The blue blocks are from following the Monthly Quilting Bee here on QB. I just started quilting this spring and the Bee has been a wonderful place to learn and improve my skills. I have been playing with the layout on my design wall.

Glad you have the forum here to inspire you! Trashing is sew easy for some of us! Let me tell you how I know...no I'd better not!

I've been sorting cut off triangles into specific uses as I have several projects I like to use them in. Specifically I want 4 sets of dark/light HST's measuring 2" cut. I'm almost done sorting. Next I'm going to a 2" bin for some squares. After that I will be checking my 1 1/4" strips for this project.

lots2do 09-14-2017 06:27 PM

Your room looks great. The blue blocks are very attractive, too.

rryder 09-15-2017 09:24 AM

Wow tscweaves! Those blue blocks look great. And, good job on getting your sewing room organized. It's amazing how fast they get trashed when the sewing muse strikes LOL!

Rob