Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   What are we organizing today (2017)? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/what-we-organizing-today-2017-a-t284878.html)

beckyw 01-18-2017 05:50 AM

Yesterday I got my sewing room some what in order. Some how I have started five quilts. So I know what I will be doing all winter. Winter looks a lot shorter know. Happy Quilting everybody!

Bobbielinks 01-18-2017 06:30 AM

Today is inventory day for thread. I will note what colors I am running low on and get ready to place an order. Since I have to pay personal business taxes on supplies on hand on January 1, I wait until after New Year's Day to get any supplies, hoping to use up as much as possible before the end of the year.

lots2do 01-18-2017 06:47 PM

Am working on rearranging part of my sewing space this week. We hope to have a new ceiling fan put up in that room next week so it needs to be 'presentable'.

patski 01-18-2017 06:52 PM

I don't know what part of Tucson you are in but a couple of the shops have a sew day! Just bring what you are working on.

rryder 01-19-2017 07:21 AM

Today I am going to clean up my sewing studio, putting away all the things I used for the baby quilt that I finished yesterday. I have promised myself that I will work on developing the habit of putting things away rather than piling everything on top of each other as I often do since I usually have several projects going at once.

I am trying to teach myself that I don't need to have things in sight, I will not forget about them if I can't see them LOL!!!

Rob:sew::sew::sew::sew:

retiredteacher09 01-21-2017 07:07 AM

I finished my sewing room 'map' of what's in boxes, tubs, shelves, and drawers. I have way too many scrap boxes that need to be sorted by color! Lol! That's what happens when I don't sort donated fabrics right away. I also labeled everything on the containers.

So my next goal will be taking one of those boxes and start the color sorting process.

Connie

JuneBillie 01-27-2017 05:43 AM

I have been putting a lot of my scraps in different small boxes, and putting them up.

sewingsuz 01-27-2017 04:03 PM

I cleaned up the sewing room and also went through all last yrs papers and purged what I did not need to keep. My dh burns it in a outside fire place. I got out taxes finished today. I need to reorganize my fabric in one of my cabinets. I made a children's quilt and some other items I already had cut from last summer. Getting there slowly.

tessagin 01-27-2017 04:18 PM

I donated some fabric I knew I was not going to use. It took up space I needed and the recipients needed the fabric. It was given to me so no money lost. I also started shredding papers this week and got rid of 4 banker's boxes. Almost burned up the shredder.

rryder 01-27-2017 04:53 PM

Sounds like folks have been making progress since I last checked in. I planned on doing some studio decluttering today, but got a little overheated so had to take a break. Then I decided that it would be a better idea to take the Christmas tree down and put all the ornaments away since that room was much cooler than the studio. Got some ornaments off the tree, then DC (dear cousin) came over with a large bag of her late husband's ties, which she hopes I'll turn into a tuffet, or if not that then something else...3 hours later DC left, DH (who'd spent all morning at the barn blanketing horses since it is supposed to get really cold starting tonight) decided it was time for a nap. I was tired too, so decided to lay down.

Will start over tomorrow when I plan on getting the rest of the ornaments off the Christmas tree and the tree and all ornaments put away. Then I'll contemplate whether I want to tackle the disarray in my art studio,decide where to put all those ties or instead spend time working on a new collaborative art quilt which sounds like a lot more fun LOL!

Rob