Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   What are we organizing today 2020 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/what-we-organizing-today-2020-a-t308882.html)

craftiladi 05-07-2020 03:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a issue with buying fabric or patterns then later (sometimes years) I can't remember what I had in mind for it. So I have been setting up project boxs with the fabric & pattern I want to use.
I always have issues posting pics, its not upside down in my file & when you click to enlarge its not upside down,

Teen 05-08-2020 07:38 PM

Project boxes look great! I do the same thing and it is so helpful....sometimes, by the time I grab the box, I may change my mind but that's OK, too. At least it's organized and readily available.

quiltingcandy 05-08-2020 09:53 PM

Craftiladi - my eldest daughter lives in El Cajon. She bought a condo out there about 13 years ago. Noticed you live in Las Vegas - you have some great quilt shops there. We go a few times a year and I have to visit them.

craftiladi 05-09-2020 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy (Post 8384046)
Craftiladi - my eldest daughter lives in El Cajon. She bought a condo out there about 13 years ago. Noticed you live in Las Vegas - you have some great quilt shops there. We go a few times a year and I have to visit them.

Sadly our quilt shops are disappearing from when I first moved here but there are a couple good ones left....at least thats true according to my bank account lol

retiredteacher09 05-09-2020 05:35 PM

Craftiladi: Great idea! I have a few in boxes/containers and I try to keep my current projects in their separate ones too. I wish, however, I would have them in uniform tubs like yours. I have plenty of shoebox tubs. 😉 Just not consistent in what I put in them.

oksewglad 05-09-2020 07:18 PM

I'm terrible at keeping projects in a neat order..I'm lucky if I get it in a ziploc! Thanks for the inspiration, Craftiladi. I am kind of anal about my little strips though and glad that I am. I've started a mini project with 1" strips and many are sorted by length and or lights and darks and even a step further according to color intensity.

retiredteacher09 06-05-2020 10:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I started going through a larger red basket yesterday of fabric. All of it has been donated to me or my church quilting group over many years. There are 2 kits from Granny’s Quilting Shapes which is probably vintage. Some BOM packages with fabric in them for that month’s block. A few pieces here and there that go together and quite a few different yardages with the squares for making pillow tops. A few of them are flowers but mostly animals whether realistic looking or an artist’s drawing. If I ever decide to learn to free motion quilt, those pillow squares would definitely be great practice.

craftiladi 06-06-2020 03:55 AM

Thank you for all the nice comments on my project boxes. I have a good size tote with ufo's I have avoided over the years, well I decided last week to pull them all out and organize into more project boxes-well good intentions fell by the wayside and I now have a sewing rm that looks like a bomb went off in it. Yep all those UFO's are laying around my sewing room in piles, Hope to get the motivation to get them to put away this weekend.

rryder 06-06-2020 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi (Post 8390958)
Thank you for all the nice comments on my project boxes. I have a good size tote with ufo's I have avoided over the years, well I decided last week to pull them all out and organize into more project boxes-well good intentions fell by the wayside and I now have a sewing rm that looks like a bomb went off in it. Yep all those UFO's are laying around my sewing room in piles, Hope to get the motivation to get them to put away this weekend.

LOL! Not to worry, you are on a roll and I’m sure you will get them organized into project boxes.

I have been in super organizing mode this past couple of weeks. I needed a new computer and went from an 11 year old laptop to a nice big screen desktop model. As a result, I had to totally rethink how I was using my desk and adjacent work spaces. Still in process, but I will eventually end up with more work surface than I had before thanks to making some changes in how I handle paperwork.

Rob

Julienm1 06-06-2020 09:56 AM

We are anticipating a move within 2 months so thought I'd better tidy up the fabric room. I thought about throwing out some of the scraps but then realized I have too many usable small scraps in odd sizes. So l today plan to trim what I have into usable pieces and go from there. Quilters on this site gave me great ideas as well as you-tube. Already had lunch, found my cutter and rulers, and ready to attack the first large storage tub of fabric. OMG!!!