Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   What are we organizing today 2020 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/what-we-organizing-today-2020-a-t308882.html)

petthefabric 06-24-2020 02:58 PM

RetiredTeach; I did get started; sometimes that's the hardest part. Spent about 1 hour. Even got it filed. Decided that's enough for today. Tomorrow another hour. Feeling better already.

retiredteacher09 06-24-2020 04:25 PM

Pettthefabric: Way to go!

Julienm1 06-25-2020 07:34 AM

Yesterday bought fabric at JAs and Hobby Lobby. Washed, pressed, and ruler folderd 12 pieces, mostly one yard cuts. Now, where do I put it. Going to be a pajama day so I'll go into the sewing room and start tidying up that (*&^%$ hole...... Maybe after I play one more game of hearts...lol

Julienm1 06-25-2020 08:28 AM

...Been organizing for 30 min. Found a pattern, directions I forgot I printed out for house blocks, and the tools so suck the crud, lint, and thread oIut of my machilne. Maybe if I keep looking I'll find a winning lottery ticked but with my luck it be expired.

Enough, got my ice tea....back we go.

Julienm1 06-25-2020 03:23 PM

Ok, sewing room is 95% done. Amazing how much scraps I have for future scrappy blocks. During one of my quick breaks, l saw online a picture of a BBQ apron made out of scraps. After these two mugs are done for DH just may start that project No! Wait! Still have those baby quilts to start/finish.

Tomorrow tidy up the fabric room. I ended up organizing both room but need to finish a couple areas in that room too.

oksewglad 06-25-2020 03:29 PM

Julienm1...you are on a roll..keep it up! Then pass on some of the energy to the rest of us!

retiredteacher09 06-25-2020 04:33 PM

Yep. I could use some of that energy too.

rryder 06-26-2020 05:23 AM

Teen- So neat that you are going through the trunk and writing down memories associated with the items in it.

petthefabric- Good job on the desktop project,

julienm1- good going on your sewing room. Isn’t it amazing how motivated you can get once you start seeing some progress?

I've had a good couple of days In my office and studio. The tickler file so far has been a major help. Yay!!! I used one when I was working, so I can’t believe it took me so long to set one up for my home. I still have my studio notebook with things to accomplish each month in my studio, but I set up a special “project” folder in my filing system that is for listing “someday” art and quilting projects and ideas I may want to try. That means my studio notebook is no longer cluttered up with those, but is more of a record of what actually needs to be done now- which helps me not feel so overwhelmed.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Rob

Julienm1 06-26-2020 10:40 AM

On my path to reorganization, I found 3 more containers of fabric/scraps. One is full of fabric that is just tush ugly. Don't even want to use it on backs of quilts so guess it will just stay in "storage." Two others full of fabric cut into tiny pieces and left overs from other projects. Started cutting down some of the scraps into usable sizes and they looked at the clock...I really need to get cleaned up in case DH wants to go someplace and see what's open/closed. Have a good day my Internet quilting buddies.

oksewglad 06-26-2020 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Julienm1 (Post 8396843)
On my path to reorganization, I found 3 more containers of fabric/scraps. One is full of fabric that is just tush ugly. Don't even want to use it on backs of quilts so guess it will just stay in "storage." Two others full of fabric cut into tiny pieces and left overs from other projects. Started cutting down some of the scraps into usable sizes and they looked at the clock...I really need to get cleaned up in case DH wants to go someplace and see what's open/closed. Have a good day my Internet quilting buddies.

Think about using the wrong side of the fabric! That might help you use it up...you paid for both sides of the fabric.