Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   You know you have to much fabric when (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/you-know-you-have-much-fabric-when-t234789.html)

Pilgrim 11-15-2013 11:49 PM

I ruler fold my fabric and it sure makes it nice to find it back. I have a former bedroom for my fabric and it is full. My husband says I have more than I can ever use and yet I keep buying. Guess I am a hoarder of fabric. I always shop from my stash but then when I go to fabric store I always seem to find something I must have.

Up4BigChal 11-16-2013 04:49 AM

I try to ruler fold and organize once a month, most months I do get a good start :o{ Then I run across a couple pieces I bought for this Great Idea (which believe it or not, I make a note and pin it to the fabric) and think ok I can start that project and then it gets started and put in the UFO :o) Oh well I pray God keeps blessing me with more tomorrows so I can finish all my "Projects" Enjoy your new organized Stash!!

quiltinghere 11-16-2013 05:13 AM

Good for You! .... for finding the fabric and organizing the fabric. I did that a while ago and it's been so easy to chose the correct fabric.

Now when you shop your stash...pay yourself for the fabric you use...thereby saving up for the next shopping trip!

We like pictures so post some if you have some!
Nan

lfletcher 11-16-2013 05:35 AM

I ruler folded my fabric several years ago and now the first place I shop is my stash. It really helped to be able to see everything I had.

Caroline S 11-16-2013 06:37 AM

You made me laugh when I read that you "stored" some of your stash in the bathtub. I have been known to do that also.

mighty 11-16-2013 07:07 AM

I keep mine folded and as neat as I can it sure makes it nice !

cherrio 11-16-2013 07:13 AM

wow. from someone who can't afford a stash all I can say is-wow. have fun with your new organized room!

cowgirlquilter 11-16-2013 07:35 AM

Do you have any pictures??. Sounds like a great effort....way to go!

Neesie 11-16-2013 08:04 AM

:D While I don't have nearly as much fabric as you, I have 'lost' pieces, from time to time. The latest missing pieces turned up in the bottom of the laundry hamper. They were still waiting to be washed. Washed one of them (4 yard length), yesterday evening. After pulling it from the dryer, was folding it and didn't have a wide ruler handy, so grabbed a flat Priority Rate packing box. In very short order, that baby was neatly folded . . . and I felt as if I'd just invented a new folding tool! :D

Country1 11-16-2013 09:24 AM

I bought fabric to make my DH a quilt last winter. We went from 1 hobby room to 2, and I can't find the fabric anywhere. I know I had it put up to surprise him. Now I'm in a panic, where did it go, fabric gremlins maybe? Just praying it didn't get took away in donation box with fabric I knew I wouldn't use.
Penny