Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Suggestion to organize this? >

Suggestion to organize this?

Suggestion to organize this?

Old 01-16-2014, 04:56 AM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...238483-16.html If you haven't already organized everything, check out this link. Very organized room, and after I closed a business, I had lots of file cabinets and within a few days I have made a huge dent in my sewing room. And she posted a tutorial on making the bags, which is something you can do with a third of a hard of fabric and 5-10 minutes.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:21 AM

you have neat stacks till you pull out a piece of fabric. makes mess. so take 2 rulers slide one in on bottom of fabric you want slide other on top, piece will slide out easily and neatly. Be encouraged.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:30 AM

Default labels

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
Duh that I never thought about putting index cards IN the clear bins to label them. I never wanted to tape stuff onto it so now I try to study the contents from the outside, pull the bin to confirm if it is the right one and often I still have the wrong one. Guess what I am doing over the next week or so? Putting index cards in my bins. Thank you!
If containers not clear or want labels outside, use painters tape, I like light green, peals off easily and shows up good on cardboard.
Old 07-02-2017, 05:50 PM

Lots of great suggestions here. You guys are amazing with all your help...

but I just have to say that I love that photo!!! I thought I was the only one who could possibly have a room like that!!!!
Old 07-02-2017, 08:29 PM

What is the web site address for whittles every time try to go there something else pop up.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by DebJ View Post
What is the web site address for whittles every time try to go there something else pop up.
Debj, this posting is actually from over 3 years ago, so maybe that isn't current anymore?
Old 07-04-2017, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by yel View Post
get your bestest girlfriend and a bottle of wine ......jump right in ....

It comes back to that plane ticket thing.😄
Old 07-04-2017, 10:56 AM

When I have to face things like that, I use the "How do you eat an elephant? Method. (One bite at a time). I would work just to sort by color one day, fold and separate by size the second day, decide on how to store and display things the third day, make it so the fourth day. I may not be able to get it all done in four days, but at least I can accomplish something each day if I have a plan. I have been trying for the past year to organize my much smaller sewing space after I gave up my storage room to house a friend in need. She is still here, and I do not regret helping her, but I am just finally getting to the end of the job. It has taken me a year and a half, one bite at a time.
Old 07-04-2017, 01:24 PM

I would buy 16 to 18 gallon ( clear) bins to use. All alike so they stack and look nice. I know the cost adds up, but they last forever. One bin for each color, or combine orange and yellow for example. I also measure large cuts of fabric and label it, then "ruler fold" and store all those together in their own bin, regardless of color. Important: vow " no shopping, no sewing, no nothing" until this job is done and I can function again.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by tranum View Post
I would buy 16 to 18 gallon ( clear) bins to use. All alike so they stack and look nice. I know the cost adds up, but they last forever. One bin for each color, or combine orange and yellow for example. I also measure large cuts of fabric and label it, then "ruler fold" and store all those together in their own bin, regardless of color. Important: vow " no shopping, no sewing, no nothing" until this job is done and I can function again.
I stack only 2 or 3 high, if higher try to divide with shelves. I can put 3 neat piles on top of ea stack and when have a pile, only have to move a few to put away. I can put 2 dressers apart to hold shelves or build one. My ceiling at the wall is only 4 foot, sloping.