Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today (2017)? >

What are we organizing today (2017)?

What are we organizing today (2017)?

Old 09-26-2017, 02:21 PM

I got the cabinet on the wall Saturday, and started filling it with fabric on Sunday. The box on top is batting.

Guess what, the sewing desk is no longer neat & bare! ah-hahahhahaha!

tscweaves, love your converted dining room.

I live alone, my 13'x26' living room is my sewing room. It's still in process of being set up the way I want it. The front bedroom 11'x11' is my "living room."
Attached Thumbnails smaller-20170923_180112.jpg  

Last edited by quiltmouse; 09-26-2017 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:53 PM

Looking good, quiltmouse!

Connie
Old 10-17-2017, 07:20 PM
Power Poster

Are we all done organizing? Not hardly here! I have spent about 6 hours in my sewing space. I've downsized my books and magazines from two 2 x 2 3 bookcases to one. Took books to my guild last week and have a few more for next month. I'm still going through magazines, saving just a few...the rest will go to public library. They offer free magazines in the side vestibule...they'll be gone in a flash. Also reorganizing my base kitchen cabinet that I use for cutting...love the height, but the 2 bottom doors were cumbersome to open in my small space. I took off the doors and now have an open shelving unit to store my backing pieces better along with some small totes. I know this will work so much better already. I'm going to reward myself with some sew time!
Old 10-18-2017, 04:30 AM

You’ve been busy OKsewglad! Very inspiring. Maybe I’ll tackle one of my messy spots today....

Rob
Old 10-18-2017, 06:41 AM

Oksewglad, It sounds like you accomplished a lot, that has to feel good.

I have a huge walk-in storge closet off of my sewing/dining room and it is just a huge catch-all space for everything. My condo doesn't have a basement or attic, so this room takes the place of both. I have now added all of my quilting stuff to the chaos, so this past weekend I hung a couple of shelves (36" & 48") along one of the long walls. Just getting things off the floor makes such a difference. Now the things I need while working on a quilting or sewing project are on the shelf closest to the door for quick & easy access.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:34 AM

@tscweaves, your space looks amazing. Love the blue blocks. That will make a great quilt.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tscweaves View Post
Oksewglad, It sounds like you accomplished a lot, that has to feel good.

I have a huge walk-in storge closet off of my sewing/dining room and it is just a huge catch-all space for everything. My condo doesn't have a basement or attic, so this room takes the place of both. I have now added all of my quilting stuff to the chaos, so this past weekend I hung a couple of shelves (36" & 48") along one of the long walls. Just getting things off the floor makes such a difference. Now the things I need while working on a quilting or sewing project are on the shelf closest to the door for quick & easy access.
It's amazing what a difference getting things on shelves makes! So much easier to find and the vertical space is well used!
Old 10-18-2017, 08:43 AM

Just have to brag a bit. My old used longarm died and I had to get a new one. Well the old one had to be moved out and you know all that stuff that is stored under it in boxes on the floor.... Well most of it was boxes of multiplying scraps. I sorted, ironed and cut all my scraps. I cut 10 inch blocks, 2 1/2 inch strips, 1 1/2 inch strips, 5 inch blocks, 3 1/2 inch blocks, 2 1/2 inch blocks, 6 inch tumblers, long string, short strings, and crumbs. Took me 3 days but it is done and I am determined to cut scraps into useable units right after cutting a project. I could not have done this without my GO BIG, it was a lifesaver and worth the money.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:11 PM

My studio is always evolving. Have had a machine in the LA room. Haven't used it at all. It does some things my other machines don't. So I'm moving it back the the studio. Which means...... Find a space! Back to my imagination.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:12 AM

Today I’m going to find a way to manage all the loose things that are constantly floating around on my horizontal work surfaces— I’m thinking that some king of portable container that will hold things, but keep them from drifting into a layer of detritus that becomes thicker over time..so they’re easily accessible, but can’t expand to cover the entire surface...And I need to come up with a good way to store tiny fabric scraps that have been sorted by color for collages—ziplock bags might be a good choice...

Rob