Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today (2017)? >

What are we organizing today (2017)?

What are we organizing today (2017)?

Old 03-18-2018, 04:03 AM

Glad to hear you’re makng progress Amyjo- it will be nice to have your sewing studio connected to the house, so you can get to it even when the weather isn’t cooperating!

yesterday I managed to get rid of two more things, And found several more to chuck out the door, just need to figure out what’s the best way to get rid of them! Today, mainly sewing and getting things delivered to gallery. But will go through some books that can definitely go. Just need to figure out where they should go.

Rob
Old 03-18-2018, 08:12 PM

I organized the master closet today; pulled some clothing for yard sale, threw some clothing out or cut up t-shirts for dust rags. My shoe collection is ridiculous ...and lovely......."just back away slowly, hubbie.....do not touch those babies...do not even think about it. They are all going to Idaho so suck it up".
Old 03-19-2018, 05:08 AM

Going to box up some books to donate today, that’ ll free up some shelf space in my office/ sewing studio/ guest room— maybe even enough to store all th stuff tha’s currently piled on the guest bed LOL

Rob
Old 03-20-2018, 06:02 AM

I've spent the past 2+ years redoing my craft room, with my daughter's help. She is ADHD, and has come to know that she HAS to be organized in order to function and to have a functioning home (she's married with 3 kids, 9 to 14 years old). I've never been organized at all, so she has helped me with that. Overall, I spent probably $250 on storage items - ranging from the $40 shelving units at Target (3 of them) down to the Dollar Store bins (I don't know how many of those!! And a few other kinds of bins in between. We've put up two peg boards and a memo board (cork board/white erase board). We put up some heavy duty coat hooks, bought some big storage bags, and hang my WIPs up now. My patterns (which will mostly be unmade because I have so many!!) are now in binders, labeled by subject matter. We still have a few things to do - mostly things like moulding and putting up the cornice - but it's extremely functional, and I love hanging out in there more than I ever have before!!! When she and the kids come over, sometimes we all hang out in there together. I'll have to find some pics and post them.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:04 AM

I'm cleaning out a credenza that has been a catch-all for the last several years. I found 9 extension cords, a couple dozen coax cables, a ton of plug-in phone cords, 3 padlocks, a box of unused floppy disc, 1 dollar bill and 7 cents. Now I have to convince my DH that we really don't need that $1.07 so I'm going to JAF.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by SewingSenior View Post
I'm cleaning out a credenza that has been a catch-all for the last several years. I found 9 extension cords, a couple dozen coax cables, a ton of plug-in phone cords, 3 padlocks, a box of unused floppy disc, 1 dollar bill and 7 cents. Now I have to convince my DH that we really don't need that $1.07 so I'm going to JAF.

LOL- loved your list of things found inthe credenza! And welcome to the board.

Rob
Old 03-20-2018, 06:06 PM

Kitty gram......you have to post pictures of your workspace! Sounds amazing. So happy for you...

SewingSenior....you hit a treasure trove of stuff....all useless and why we keep that stuff is beyond me. Gotta love junk drawers for the "What if....". Today, we had to buy a new TV for RV and DH wanted to keep the antennae for the old one when it doesn't fit the new one...and.....we have an antennae on the RV you just plug into. Hello?

This is the battle I am facing as I continue to sort and pack up the house. He doesn't know this but those work shirts that he wore everyday to work i7 years ago went in the trash today. They were not even worthy of donating. (I've hidden my shoe inventory in case he wants to get even)
Old 03-21-2018, 04:46 AM

My daughter brought her new vacuum cleaner to me because mine is getting tired of picking up pet hair. I used it in my bedroom & my craft room yesterday. I managed to toss several of those “why do I still have THAT?!?” items plus I found many to recycle. Sadly I still have clutter but the rooms I worked on are clearer. It’s just maintaining that I’m not so good with...

I also found coax cables, a modem line, & 2 phone cords for land-line phones. I haven’t had a land-line phone since 2003! Why are those around?!? I have no idea. Does anyone know if they have any other purpose? If not, out they go.

Last edited by Conchalea; 03-21-2018 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Additions
Old 03-21-2018, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
. (I've hidden my shoe inventory in case he wants to get even)
Teen, I almost got my payback yesterday, when the DH calmly asked, "Is your stash cabinets next?" I almost had a heart attack.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:05 PM

Over the past few days I have boxed up a bunch of books and some other items to donate- the nearsest place to donate them is on the way to the barn, so it’s easy to drop off a box or two when they get filled. I always put the filled boxes at the front door where we can grab them on the way out. This morning we got to the barn, vet gave horses all therir spring shots, on way home we drove past the bank and DH asked did I have the checks I wanted to deposit, well, of course not, I’d forgotten them. Got home, walked in the front door and nearly tripped over the full donation boxes that we were supposed to remember to take, then noticed the bag with the horse clippers was still sitting next to the boxes... maybe I should have put all that stuff right up against the door so it couldn’t be opened without moving them....

Rob