Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2020 >

What are we organizing today 2020

What are we organizing today 2020

Old 01-21-2020, 08:11 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
Okay now, this picture showed up a nice size on my phone, unlike the thumbnail pics I’ve always seen since the new format. What’s the trick to getting them this large?
it depends where it was stored and what method you used when you posted it.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:39 PM

Christine...love it. I've been considering getting one of these, too.

Connie....good for you in tackling the linen closet. I dreaded sorting and packing mine and used my old sheets to wrap around my quilts to move and store them. I ended up cutting my sheets to place a small piece in between my stacked heirloom quilts in the curio quilt display. I remember reading somewhere that it keeps from transferring quilt colors. Not sure if true but it doesn't hurt to try, I guess.
Old 01-22-2020, 05:37 PM

Teen: Great ideas for using your old sheets.

I was so glad to get the huge tub of sheets, etc, emptied and the tub out of my closet. However, I may need to repurpose the tub to hold the gifts from my ‘Grandma’ baby shower that I am receiving from special ed teachers and paras at one of the schools where I sub. I am so blessed by this group of friends.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:10 PM

The home stretch! I found new homes for the 3 huge cabinets yesterday, and today I sadly parted with my sewing cabinet, my machine just barely fit and my room was feeling chaotic, but I feel good that the sewing cabinet went to a 16 year old young lady that loves to sew! Now perhaps another week of rearranging and finding places for small stuff and I should be ready to call it done! I’m seriously thinking of getting rid of my Accuquilt, I have rarely used it in the 8 years I’ve had it and the dies take up a lot of room.....hmmmmm, we shall see.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:42 PM

Now that you have more room you may find using your Accuquilt is a true advantage. I love mine Accuquilt but in the beginning getting it out and setting it up was a pain - but now i have the storage boxes, they are organized and ready to go. Also, I have the GO easier to grab and use.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:41 PM

Congratulations, tallchick! It’s great that a 16 year old young lady got the sewing cabinet.

My great niece sews and she is in her middle twenties. It’s fun to see her quilts. She is more adventurous than I am because she quilts them (straight lines) and sews on the bindings. I have only completed a few like that because I’m spoiled that my church group will finish the tops I give them. I do have some quilts I’m working on that are from sewing classes that I will need to quilt and bind eventually.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:27 AM

Can't wait to see photos, Tallchick! I find it's always easier to let things go if you know they're going to someone who will use and enjoy them- congratulations on passing the tall cabinets and sewing cabinet on and sticking with your goals. I agree with Quiltingcandy, you may find that now that you've got more space you will want to use the Accuquilt. Nothing wrong with keeping it for a while to see if that happens.

Rob

Old 01-25-2020, 06:42 PM

I laid out a one yard piece of fabric and then laid scraps side by side on top to measure quantity.

Lo and behold, it took 6 repetitions! Six yards of scraps! All were less than 11” wide but only a few were small like candies. Mainly decent strips, charms and chunks. For the record, 3yds of scraps (stuffed but not ironed) fits a gallon size ziploc bag.

I very recently joined a sewing group (not a guild) that makes charity quilts using 11” squares or 11” wide scraps, so I put that size in a separate bag to donate to them.

i also have my sewing closet 95% done.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:10 PM

Way to go, zozee!

Old 01-26-2020, 06:13 PM

That's awesome, Zozee!

Tallchick....as much as I love furniture, it does take up a lot of space so identifying and getting rid of space hoggers (not to mention clutter campgrounds) is a great way to build function. Love that you found someone to make good use of it.

I grabbed a ziplock full of scraps that I keep in a scrap container and whacked and sliced to usable sizes. More ziplocks to go but feel good I started project. A bit at a time...