Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2021 >

What are we organizing today 2021

What are we organizing today 2021

Old 01-27-2021, 11:41 AM

What happens from cutting my scraps in 5' sq and 2 inch strips now I have scraps from the scraps. This this a whole box. I have a large bag in my car and while I am sorting fabric, if it something I don't want anymore, I put it in that bag in the car to give away. I don't think I have more scraps in the garage and I am not going to look. I am tired of organizing and want to get back to sewing. By all the comments I think everyone is trying to start off 2021 in good shape. I seamed to not have anymore room after all this but I think I can find what i need easier (I hope). And as Julie said , Put it back where it belongs.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:24 PM

This old dog has learned a new trick that most of you are probably already doing. After working in my sewing room and before quitting for the day, and making progress/mess I take a few minutes to tidy up. Trims in trash, cutters in "coffee mug", fabric for project folded, utensils rounded up and back in the container for "frequently used tools", ruler back in that slotted thingee. Really makes a difference when I walk back in the next morning.

When I ran the school library, I would get as many books reshelved before leaving for the night. Goal was to have the cart of returns empty. I would work really fast all day to get that done and 4/5 days reached that goal.

Now I find myself sewing slower but forgetting about that "organizational" goal that worked so well in my previous life. I do realize that I'm not misplacing tools as often...lol
Old 01-27-2021, 05:47 PM

I have decided there is way to much stuff sitting on my sewing desks. Yes tools & such make it handy to have out but its very crowded and gets in my way so its time to find new drawer homes for this stuff.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:04 PM

Welcome, wesing...! Even though you did not plan to organize, still feels good when you do.

Not sure how it happened but my battery inventory was spread throughout several locations. Probably my husband did it (LOL]...anywho, bought a battery organizer box and they are all in the box now...and I have a list of the ones I need to stock up on now. Those things are so cool...
Old 01-28-2021, 04:09 AM

Rob: Thanks for the warm greeting!

JMoore: Purging fabric is the worst! I know I need it for "this project" or "oh yeah that's where that was!"

Retiredteacher09: One bin down a few more to go but I am going to hold off for sure now. I am going to buy a platform bed frame so I can have better storage underneath the bed.
My friend/sewing buddy recently passed away on the 12th of this month. She has tons of fabric that I will need to sort through and sell. I've got a pretty big to do list for sure! What I do know is that I have to get my machine set up again so I can star sewing. Got a granddaughter due in May, just around the corner!
Old 01-28-2021, 05:07 AM

Goldsberry, congratulations on the upcoming arrival of a new grandbaby...that’s exciting.

Teen, you sound very much like me...I consider myself fairly organized and tidy so when something is out of place, I can only blame my DH. 😛
Old 01-28-2021, 10:25 AM

Yesterday, I collected long arm projects that were in my sewing room, bagged and boxed. Several stacks removed so the tools underneigth are again useful and there's space to move the chair around. When I'm feeling up to the cold, I'll move them to the LA room. Also found a few pieces of "I know it's hiding somewhere".
Old 01-28-2021, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Teen- I do have 1 door next to my main piecing machine and I have a spare organizer, so yes, I could definitely use that space. And, my vintage machine that I use for making rope bowls , etc. is up against another door so I can put an over door organizer there too if I move some quilts I’ve got stored there. No other walls that aren't taken-up by either my design wall or windows and doorways (no more doors since it’s actually a super wide archway between the guest room and the trunk room that I use for my office and part of the quilting studio. Going to put those over door hangers to use as soon as I get into the studio this morning! Yay! And thanks for the suggestion! Rob
So glad this suggestion may work for you! Yah!
Old 01-28-2021, 07:15 PM

Hubbie & I are going to organize my paint supplies tomorrow. They are in a tote in his workshop up on a shelf and totally inconvenient when I want to work on a project. My painting craft projects are not getting done so in my craft closet they shall go. So excited to work on some of my ideas..
Old 01-29-2021, 05:47 AM

Oh crap. Have a tub in my sewing room that had "stuff" LALYERED on top of it. So thought time to see what treasures may be living there. OMG, found an empty biscotti container with strips of various widths. Guess compilation of errors in trying to cut 2.5" strips. And here I thought I was getting rid of scraps. See what happens when you look?