Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2021 >

What are we organizing today 2021

What are we organizing today 2021

Old 01-21-2021, 06:22 AM

[QUOTE=craftiladi;8453170]I have never cared for my embroidery thread on the wall but as a last resort I bought the thread racks a couple of years ago. Today I am reorganizing and emptied out a nice little cabinet for my thread so that is what I am working on.[/QUOTe
so glad your organizing your thread, now you'll space in your cabinet for more fabric.....😋

I just checked out metro thread, how do you like it? Does it sew well? Anyone else use it and what is your experience with it? Really good prices on it.

I am kinda OCD about organization, love order and being organized, so I really enjoy this thread and have picked up many good hints and tips.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:41 PM

I was almost done with my job cutting scraps in useable strips and squares and stopped to take care of HB for a few weeks while he is getting better. will get back to it soon, I want to sew and stop the organizing. Maybe soon. Sounds like all of you are making progress,
Old 01-22-2021, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
I was almost done with my job cutting scraps in useable strips and squares and stopped to take care of HB for a few weeks while he is getting better. will get back to it soon, I want to sew and stop the organizing. Maybe soon. Sounds like all of you are making progress,
Glad to hear he is getting better. The scraps will still be there when you’re ready to get back to it!

Rob
Old 01-22-2021, 06:40 PM

Glad he’s home, Suzanne! Be sure to take care of yourself, as well. You’ll be no good to him if you run yourself down.

Today, I bought containers to organize my quilting closet with the myriad of quilting supplies and other misc craft supplies. Found my labeler and each container is now labeled. Looks really nice and neat...
Old 01-22-2021, 06:40 PM

sewingsuz: Glad your husband is improving. Soon you will be sewing.

Teen: Wahoo to organizing those supplies.

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 01-22-2021 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-23-2021, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore View Post
I am going through my quilting fabric and putting it on comic book boards. I like the way I can find what I am looking for rather than sorting through a stack of fabric. I have way too much fabric and I want to donate some to our woman's club ...Trying to decide where to sell it. Any ideas on selling fabric online?
I signed up for an account at feelgoodfibers.com but I haven’t posted anything yet. I believe there’s a place her on the QB you can sell too.
Old 01-23-2021, 04:15 AM

Today I’m going to start on taking the Christmas tree down.

I also want to do some organizing in the studio. I recently rearranged my quiltng studio and it is working well for me, but it showed me that I still have a layer of stuff that floats from one place to another based on which working surface and machine I want to use. I’m at a bit of a loss as to what to do with most of it. It all consists of the tools that I use for each machine and also my cutting area. My space is very small and I have 3 machines plus my Sweet Sixteen and a small cutting station set up in it. They all get used regularly so taking any of them down is not an option I want to consider. I have a larger cutting station in another room, but it does double duty as a painting surface and assembly table for my other art work so there are times when it is not available for quilting. The upshot of all this is that I need to rethink material and tool storage for those items that get used with each specific machine so I don’t have to constantly shift stuff from one place to another around the studio.Any and all suggstions would be welcome.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 01-23-2021, 01:54 PM

Rob....ever thought about an “over the door organizer”? With limited space, people always forget about the doors... Connecting Thread is having a sale on one type of organizer but there are many different styles... you could also mount on the walls near each of your machines... Go Vertical!!! Lol

https://www.connectingthreads.com/ov...All%20products
Old 01-23-2021, 04:28 PM

Today I was supposed to start cutting for a sew along hosted by Charisma Horton. When I got into my Christmas fabrics I realized I was not going to be able to stuff it all back in the cabinet, so it all came out to be ruler folded and put back in. I didn’t touch the Halloween fabric, but the 3 cuts of Thanksgiving fabric got organized too!
Attached Thumbnails 9ba8b827-c21c-458c-9808-626e85c20564.jpeg  
Old 01-23-2021, 07:03 PM

Welcome to this thread, wesing. Great job of organizing those fabrics!