Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2021 >

What are we organizing today 2021

What are we organizing today 2021

Old 01-16-2021, 04:02 AM

Yes, better lighting is essential...especially as our eyes get older. I bet your work space is much brighter now.
Old 01-16-2021, 04:55 PM

I have never cared for my embroidery thread on the wall but as a last resort I bought the thread racks a couple of years ago. Today I am reorganizing and emptied out a nice little cabinet for my thread so that is what I am working on.
Attached Thumbnails embroidery-thread.jpg  
Old 01-17-2021, 07:10 AM

That looks good craftiladie!

No organizing for me today, I’m going to try and finish piecing my January color block quilt. But tomorrow I want to go through the walk in closet in my studio and see if I can consolidate some of the boxes that I need to keep and also find a different place for the three spinning organizers that I’m not using right now but am reluctant to get rid of just yet.

Rob
Old 01-17-2021, 10:56 AM

What am I organizing today? Nothing! Absolutely nothing. (As the song says...SAY IT AGAIN!) Organized once...can't find the owl baby quilt pattern. Organized the second time...can't find the cut glass toothpick holder (bought on a trip to Germany, no idea why) that holds little screwdrivers for sewing machine. Third attempt at tidying up...can't find the paint brushes I use to clean lint out of the bobbin well.

And frustrating part? No one to blame but me...LOL. Guess I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. And here I thought I was putting these items in a logical place. Please define LOGICAL.

Oh did find the paint brushes. Whoop De Do!!
Old 01-17-2021, 11:46 AM

Ok found two screwdrivers but NOT the little cut glass thingee. Will quit searching. Now I can continue to sew.
Old 01-20-2021, 10:23 AM

Dedicated the afternoon yesterday to organizing printouts of patterns, projects and tutorials that had accumulated over the past couple of months, I ended up having to add a second binder for quilt patterns so I separated them from ones I’ve already done to the ones I haven’t...I also made a new binder for holiday projects. Today I get to treat myself to an afternoon of sewing 🧵.
Attached Thumbnails e3aef42f-34af-47a6-a19c-efc8ea5fe3a4.jpeg   057e1ebf-384d-497a-ae2f-dd52c9444c9a.jpeg   a85d6d03-2780-4684-8010-eaa584cfd273.jpeg  
Old 01-20-2021, 06:19 PM

jmoore: Congratulations on your organized binders. I hope you enjoyed your sewing day.
Old 01-20-2021, 07:19 PM

JMoore, tomorrow I'm gonna do the same thing. Have 3 binders filled with printouts I KNOW I'll never sew. So out they go. Maybe someday when we can have a garage sale and get rid of LOTS of stuff in this house. Just wonder why I printed out some of those patterns. Maybe same reason I bought some of that odd fabric?

I think I start a new folder titled "next in line". This phrase is a catch phrase for a popular restaurant.

Last edited by Julienm1; 01-20-2021 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-21-2021, 03:53 AM

Julienm1, going through my binders, I wondered the same thing about some of the patterns I printed or tore out of magazines. I tossed a few that I knew I would never end up making. A binder “next in line” is a great idea.
Old 01-21-2021, 04:52 AM

I am going through my quilting fabric and putting it on comic book boards. I like the way I can find what I am looking for rather than sorting through a stack of fabric. I have way too much fabric and I want to donate some to our woman's club for doll clothes that are made for the Salvation Army. Every year we dress 150 dolls for Christmas. I then want to sort out the fabric I have for making clothes. I used to make clothes for all of my family but now everyone is so spread out that I can't measure the fit as I sew. Trying to decide where to sell it. Any ideas on selling fabric online?