Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2021 >

What are we organizing today 2021

What are we organizing today 2021

Old 12-24-2021, 01:59 PM

I'm glad I'm not trying to finish up for Christmas. Our power went out 8 hrs yesterday. I'm a procrastanator, which causes great stress at the most inopportune times. Not saying you're a procrastinator.... there I go putting my big foot in my huge mouth. Or digging the hole deeper.
Old 12-24-2021, 02:02 PM

We do presents for only 1 person and she's across the country. She was here at Thanksgiving so I gifted her then. She doesn't need anything anymore than I do, so give her perishable food, walnuts from central California. There's few walnuts in Florida and it reminded her of her childhood, which makes it personal.

This is a form of organizing because I got myself organized enough to get it ready ahead of time and during a 2 hr drive trip to Visalia when I had another appointment. I tried to do this again after Thanksgiving but the store changed it's hours and wasn't open on Wednesday. Even the best planning sometimes doesn't work.

Last edited by petthefabric; 12-24-2021 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-24-2021, 02:06 PM

On another note, my organizing between now and Dec 31 needs to be, quit procrastinating and do my correspondence/bills.
Old 12-24-2021, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
What am I organizing today? Nothing! Absolutely nothing. (As the song says...SAY IT AGAIN!) Organized once...can't find the owl baby quilt pattern. Organized the second time...can't find the cut glass toothpick holder (bought on a trip to Germany, no idea why) that holds little screwdrivers for sewing machine. Third attempt at tidying up...can't find the paint brushes I use to clean lint out of the bobbin well.

And frustrating part? No one to blame but me...LOL. Guess I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. And here I thought I was putting these items in a logical place. Please define LOGICAL.

Oh did find the paint brushes. Whoop De Do!!
i'm going to try to organize using a notebook hung on bulliton board to list where things get stored. Will it help? I'm hoping.
Old 12-24-2021, 05:02 PM

WMUTeach: Enjoy your daughter’s visit.

petthefabric: I am procrastinating on wrapping gifts since my family isn’t celebrating until Sunday. It is putting stress on me because they aren’t done though. The same thing happened with the Christmas cards. 🤦🏼‍♀️

beckyj: I wrote in a notebook and it helped for a bit until I decided to rearrange again and forgot where the notebook was put. Lol!

Merry Christmas to those of you celebrating.
Old 12-26-2021, 12:10 AM

Question What Organization are you Doing for 2022 ?

I am always working on something and have behind my machine another project that needs to get done. When I get done then I am at a loss where to put finished project. Some are wall hanging some are quilts. My closet is bursting at the doors. I need to challenge myself to get organized.What works for y'all to get going ? Some things I will donate but a lot of it I want so I think I do .Are y'all like this too ?
Old 12-26-2021, 10:18 AM

yes I hear you I have quite a number of quilts I wanted to make the pattern and use the fabric, they are usually more complicated to do then donated quilts. I have donated quilte a number of quilts now I think it's time for me.
Old 12-28-2021, 03:59 AM

I have accumulated several small collections of donated fabric that need to be sorted by color and integrated in to my stash. That is a doable organizing goal for today.

Old 12-28-2021, 06:55 AM

Got a mail order carpet shampoo machine in October. After 2.5 months and on the 3rd (other 2 died), shampood dining space yesterday. Physically it's all I can do and not have 0.5 day on the couch in pain. Just tested, it's mostly dry. By 9:00 when the house gets active use, it should be dry. Looks good! Today I'll get 1/2 living room done, again. There's some serious pet stains. Got a cleaner specific to pet stains. We'll see. It's very good carpet, don't want to replace.

Then need to finish up the quilt on the sewing room floor. Then more shampoo....ing. I really like the clean smell.
Old 12-31-2021, 03:30 PM

Heads up everyone. Tomorrow I'll open up a new thread for the new year, so plan on moving on over there when it pops up. It'll be called "What are we organizing today 2022".

Hope everyone is having a good New Year's Eve!
Rob