Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2021 >

What are we organizing today 2021

What are we organizing today 2021

Old 12-12-2021, 02:29 PM

I haven't felt like quilting this weekend, so decided to spend some time organizing my other studio room where I have my big table for basting quilts. That room also serves as my jewelry studio, painting studio, and holds my Big Shot Pro die-cutting machine. The big table where I baste my quilts also gets used for paintings that need to be framed, and was recently completely covered in sterling silver wire, beads, copper wires etc. while I made 12 pairs of earrings and 10 bracelets for my case at the local gallery where I sell my work. Now, you may ask, "why did I have to use the table instead of the perfectly good jeweler's bench that takes up half of one wall?" Well, over the last year, my jeweler's bench became a dumping ground for everything in that studio that didn't have a home and I was on a deadline to finish the earrings and bracelets so the big table got used instead. Anyway, over the last couple of days, I have excavated the bench, reorganized all the drawers so I can actually find things when I need them, found real homes for all the non-jewelry related items that formed a 1 foot tall layer on the top of the bench, and made a list of jewelry UFOs that need to be finished once I get some spare time. That side of the room looks better than it has in ages. The bonus is that I gave the big table a good scrubbing, so it is now clean and ready for me to baste my Snail Trail Al Fresco quilt top--Yay!

Happy quilting everyone!

Rob
Old 12-12-2021, 06:50 PM

Way to go, Ice and RR - I can't say my organizational progress was anywhere near as impressive or visible as yours, but I did manage to delete over 150 Pinterest notifications from my email inbox that I kept saying I'd look at one day for more quilt ideas... Since that clearly wasn't happening AND I have more ideas than I know what to do with right now, out they went. Silly, but baby steps, right?

On the quilting table I went back into my box of pre-made HSTs that I picked up from a thrift store (I've talked about them before elsewhere on the forum, I think). I believe I have found enough that when I have trimmed them to the same size (probably 2") and put them together, I might have enough for a small baby quilt. We'll see what comes of it. I was looking for a small transition project and I'm hoping this one will be fun and fast. :-) Bonus if I could end up being able to post the end product in the Fabric Moratorium thread, too!
Old 12-13-2021, 04:56 AM

Rob, it sounds like you made great strides in organizing your crafting studio…I am jealous of all of the hobbies you have. I bet making jewelry is a lot of fun and knowing your artistic abilities, I bet your work is fabulous.

Iceblossom, DH and I performed similar tasks yesterday but we mostly concentrated on the garage which seems to be the dumping ground for everything. My side of the two car garage is kept clear as I am privileged of parking my Jeep inside. DHs Dodge Ram does not fit in his side of the garage so it hosts shelving, our portable generator, two saw horses that I use for painting doors, and miscellaneous things. It was an unusual 57 degrees here in Maine yesterday so we got a lot done.
Old 12-21-2021, 04:16 AM
Power Poster

After losing power for 4 days both of our freezers defrosted so cleaned and rearranged them, along with the fridge. Today will be taking a lot of stuff to the transfer station ( garbage drop off site), do all the recycling, and Hopefully getting gifts wrapped- which will help immensely to get the sewing room reorganized. Right now there are bags and boxes scattered all over. I have to ( food shop) but think I will wait until tomorrow and get as much done as possible today. We work every other holiday and every other weekend- happens that Christmas and this weekend are both mine so I will be working Friday, Saturday and Sunday and today is our work Christmas luncheon so my day is cut in half. In my mind I am organized and have a plan….
Old 12-24-2021, 03:27 AM

Reported as spam.
Old 12-24-2021, 03:30 AM

I am not organizing anything today. My day is one of relaxing, enjoying my daughter who is spending the weekend and watching holiday movies and the sweet birds stopping by my feeder.

Merry Christmas everyone. Take some time to enjoy the holiday with friends and family.
Old 12-24-2021, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I am not organizing anything today. My day is one of relaxing, enjoying my daughter who is spending the weekend and watching holiday movies and the sweet birds stopping by my feeder.

Merry Christmas everyone. Take some time to enjoy the holiday with friends and family.
Merry Christmas to you too…enjoy your time with your daughter and loved ones. There will be plenty of time to organize after the holidays.
Old 12-24-2021, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by MariaTut View Post
Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Reported as spam.
Please note that the post that was reported as spam was by MariaTut. When the spam gets deleted it looks like the previous post was reported (in this case the one my jmoore).

If I had not deleted the actual content of the post by MarieTut, when I quoted it, the content with the links would have still been able to be viewed.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 12-24-2021, 08:06 AM

No organizing today. Just finishing up last minute gifts for neighbors and enjoying the day. Happy Holidays everyone!
Rob
Old 12-24-2021, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
Please note that the post that was reported as spam was by MariaTut. When the spam gets deleted it looks like the previous post was reported (in this case the one my jmoore).

If I had not deleted the actual content of the post by MarieTut, when I quoted it, the content with the links would have still been able to be viewed.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Thanks for the explanation.