Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What Are We Organizing Today 2023 >

What Are We Organizing Today 2023

What Are We Organizing Today 2023

Old 04-05-2023, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by mmunchkins View Post
What is ORL?
On Ringo Lake - On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 04-07-2023, 08:22 AM

Thanks. Tried googling it with no luck.
Old 04-16-2023, 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=OurWorkbench;8595738]On Ringo Lake - On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Originally Posted by mmunchkins View Post
Thanks. Tried googling it with no luck.
Hi mmunchkins, if you click the link OurWorkbench provided you will be sent to Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville site. You can then use the search bar on that page to look up On Ringo Lake and you can see a picture of the quilt. It is no longer a mystery quilt but I think the pattern is still available if you find it calling to you. :-)
Old 04-24-2023, 12:20 PM

Took two filled boxes to the thrift store today! As soon as I got home, I put two more boxes in the downstairs hallway to start filling. I'm feeling super motivated to do some more decluttering, but not sure where I want to start this new round. Anyone else get the bug to declutter but can't decide where to start? Let me know what you do to break out of the indecisive mode!

Rob
Old 04-24-2023, 12:29 PM

Pick a small space in a larger space - the junk drawer in the kitchen, the sock drawer in the bedroom, the jar of miscellaneous nails and screws and clamps in the toolshed... the sense of accomplishment you get from doing an easy fix can be multiplied when all you have to do is reach for the next nearest thing...
Disclaimer: I don't do this often, but when I have, it has generally worked for me. (Hoarder-in-training...)
Old 04-25-2023, 05:56 AM

I need to organize my scraps. I have all my 5" sqs. and charm packs on end in 4 - 14" sq. boxes by color and most of my FQs in individual boxes by color, but don't know how to store fabric smaller than a FQ, 2 1/2" strips, and 2 1/2" sqs. by color. I don't really have room for drawers, but have space under a table. Any suggestions?
Old 04-25-2023, 06:32 AM

I live in a small sewing room. I use stackable plastic containers for almost everything. For jellies, I roll and secure with rubber bands and sort kinda by color. Good luck finda a solution that works for you.
Old 04-25-2023, 07:00 AM

Thanks Gemm, I'm going to try that. I think I'll start with the bottom drawer of my dresser- that's where I've been stashing clothes that I might wear again someday--- time to let those go.

Rob
Old 04-30-2023, 09:24 PM

Like I mentioned yesterday, I organized my sewing supplies yesterday. And it gave me the expected joy of rediscovering lots of nice fabric and also some stuff like lace, zippers etc. that I could use up making pouches or small bags.

I was hoping that after some purging and organizing effort whatever is left would fit in the space intended for sewing supplies. That was unfortunately not the case and I still own more than I can afford, so to say, if you think of using your space as if it was a resource like money (to be assigned to specific goals and divided according to priorities, not to whimsies; also always limited). My ambitious plan is to use up the excess working diligently.

I have now double motivation to purge stuff and to sew as I am preparing for a new family member (hopefully I will write more in the Personal Announcements section). I finished a big project in fall and another one two days ago - they go to recipients and I get some free space. I am now sewing a baby blanket, which will not use up lots of fabric, but at least it will create a dent in the batting section. Another baby blanket and a swaddle are waiting for their turn.
I also plan to finally mend all those clothes that are taking up sewing space waiting e.g. for a broker zipper to be changed. Yesterday I put all of them in one place and I was shocked that they made such a huge pile. Way to go, still, way to go.
Old 05-01-2023, 07:03 AM

Sounds like you're making excellent progress Vasilisa- keep up the good work and let us know your exciting news when you're ready!

I took Gemm's advice and decided to start with the drawer where I store clothes I might wear again someday. When I opened it, I found that I'd already gotten rid of all those clothes and it was relatively empty. However, just making the decision to start somewhere gave me the impetus to keep going and I found a lot of stuff that had been sitting in plain sight for so long it had become invisible to me. On Saturday I took another whole box to the thrift store! Yay! Now I think it's time to go back to looking for books to donate. I've got so many that I know there are some I'll never read again. I'll shoot for 7 books this week. That's only 1 per day- should be doable. Who's organizing what today?

Rob