Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What Are We Organizing Today 2023 >

What Are We Organizing Today 2023

What Are We Organizing Today 2023

Old 06-07-2023, 02:05 PM

Excellent, Patrice! I put my yardage as well as scraps that were between 1/4 yard and 1 yard on comic book boards several years ago and it makes life so much easier when I'm auditioning fabric.

Rob
Old 06-07-2023, 08:03 PM

I had a person from quilt store tell me when I asked about storage this is what she said Just use the fabric
Old 06-11-2023, 06:04 AM

Yes, and let the stores store the fabric. You can't organize clutter, it just overwhelms.

I've finished 3 tops this month, so spent a few hours doing a reset of the cutting table and sewing table. Doesn't take long if we just do it. It will be lovely to step in and just sew today.

Leftover Bitcoin strips went into a clear bag, there were plenty to make borders if I do another yellow and blue quilt.
Leftover Triple Treat leaders and ender blocks went in a packet to a friend in New Hampshire who loves to make leftovers tops
Leftover Temperature quilt fabrics are folded neatly and back in fabric closet.
Leftover bits from them all are cut down and put away in their clear bins.
Life is good.

Old 07-03-2023, 04:54 AM

Just call me the thread killer...no one has organized anything of note? I don't believe it.
This week some computer clean up. Bookmarks that got saved and were never looked at again. A new file folder in Quilting for PDF files.

I use facebook only for the groups of interest, nothing else. I deleted some groups I check by rote but in truth they aren't active or interesting. I rearranged my group list so it was organized by unpinning and then repinning in order.
And did you know if you enlarge the page (hold control key down and tap the + sign) you will never see the sidebar crapola? Much more peaceful

And I went through my Quilty Ideas photo folder and deleted ones that were no longer interesting or doable with my vision problems, and added a couple of subfolder for specific quilts.

And I've lost 23 pounds this year so next will probably be the underwear drawer
Old 07-03-2023, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
Just call me the thread killer...no one has organized anything of note? I don't believe it.
This week some computer clean up. Bookmarks that got saved and were never looked at again. A new file folder in Quilting for PDF files.

I use facebook only for the groups of interest, nothing else. I deleted some groups I check by rote but in truth they aren't active or interesting. I rearranged my group list so it was organized by unpinning and then repinning in order.
And did you know if you enlarge the page (hold control key down and tap the + sign) you will never see the sidebar crapola? Much more peaceful

And I went through my Quilty Ideas photo folder and deleted ones that were no longer interesting or doable with my vision problems, and added a couple of subfolder for specific quilts.

And I've lost 23 pounds this year so next will probably be the underwear drawer
Congratulations on the weight loss, that’s fantastic!

Last week I cleaned off and re organized a heavy duty 4 tier shelf in the basement. This allowed me to organize more fabric and get it put into bins, my long arm area looks much nicer!
Today I am folding some miscellaneous fabrics onto comic boards, and I will replace the bookcase by putting up a smaller but taller shelf behind my longarm. I will then use that bookcase to store my yardage on comic boards, but I need to find a place for it first.
Old 07-03-2023, 08:18 AM
Power Poster

I did a cleanup on some of my saved bookmarks----quite a few that has closed---still working on it !
Old 07-03-2023, 08:34 AM

well done Lisa!
Old 07-03-2023, 12:30 PM

I cleaned out the junk room. OMG! All the stuff we had in there that we didn't need anymore. A lot of it went to Goodwill but a couple things I'm going to see if I can sell. We'll see how long the cleaning up lasts. As I remember last time it took about 6 months for it to be a mess again
Old 07-03-2023, 02:27 PM

That's a lot of organizing Kalamaquilts!! and congratulations on the weight loss.

Things have been a little slow here in the organizing department. After I got my scraps organized I lost steam. However, in my downstairs hallway there are two full boxes ready to be donated and I'm working on a third.

Rob
Old 07-03-2023, 04:11 PM

So good to hear we are still slogging away at our own personal area of organizing. I have been being intentional in putting projects in labeled boxes and not just piles on my work table. It does make my sewing room more presentable but doesn't seem to eliminate the many started but unfinished projects. It does help with not losing parts and pieces and patterns for projects and that is a plus.

Congrats on the weight loss. Your quilty friends are cheering for you!