anyone here from Indianapolis?

Old 12-07-2010, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by eaglebeak1960
Originally Posted by sumcoop
Hi,
I will be in this city beginning Sun. Is there any interesting sites to see or places to see or eat or shop? WE will be there for a family member's surgery but may have some time.
Please say a prayer for Evan as he is 19 and having surgery for cancer.
we will be strangers in an unknown city...
Thanks for any information.
Susan
THE indianopolis zoo is a great place to visit there is also a garden attached to it the admission is seperate(I do not know if the zoo is open this time of year..) the garden is a real nice place to walk around in, under a nice dome would be warm atleast

God bless... I hope all goes well

Chris
The zoo is open and is having their Christmas at the Zoo event this month 5 to 9 every evening. Lots of wonderful lights and special venues.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:03 PM

You will most likely be at IU (Indiana University) hospital, near downtown Indy. Circle Center mall is downtown. Wonderful mall. Eiteljorg museum (western America) is very close. Childrens museum is world class and renowned. The Indianapolis Zoo is also wonderful..and yes open. After 5 pm it is lighted for Christmas. We have wonderful restaurants all over. For quilting stores: north of the city is Quilts Plus and Quilt Quarters. South: Back Door Quilts (my fav). You can google their addresses and get info on others. Our downtown center 'The Circle' is festive too for the holidays.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by barboonie2
You will most likely be at IU (Indiana University) hospital, near downtown Indy. Circle Center mall is downtown. Wonderful mall. Eiteljorg museum (western America) is very close. Childrens museum is world class and renowned. The Indianapolis Zoo is also wonderful..and yes open. After 5 pm it is lighted for Christmas. We have wonderful restaurants all over. For quilting stores: north of the city is Quilts Plus and Quilt Quarters. South: Back Door Quilts (my fav). You can google their addresses and get info on others. Our downtown center 'The Circle' is festive too for the holidays.
Thank you!
Old 12-07-2010, 03:56 PM

Also not to miss - the memorial on the Circle (downtown Indy) is decorated like a Christmas tree - the Circle Center Mall is awesome like barboonie2 already said. I am about 2 1/2 hours southwest of Indy but used to live there and it's a great place! Best wishes & prayers for Evan and your family - also FYI you can get on 65 to go north from downtown or go west from the IU Med Ctr and hit 465 and it goes all around the town - thinking all the construction might be done by now???
Old 12-07-2010, 07:25 PM

thanks to all of you.
anyone know what the weather will be...I will be checking weather channel...but how bad is the snow there...we don't deal with it often here...hope its not while we are there...I am such a wimp in the cold!
Old 12-16-2010, 02:27 PM

We have returned home and thankful for the surgery going well and so far his recovery is going well.
Thank you for all prayers. Evan is a brave young man and has worked hard to be a great patient. We are hoping he will be able to leave the hospital tomorrow or Sat. and return home Sun or Mon.
Once again Thank you for your prayers.
Susan