Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: California Road Show!!!

California Road Show!!!

I bought my ticket and I'm ready to go!!! Woohoo! Anyone else planning on attending this year? For once, I don't have a list of things I'm looking for (except Superior thread booth). Super excited to see the fabulous Eleonor Burns and I'll likely fan girl again at Loralie's booth. Ms. Burns typically has a huge bin of discounted pre-cuts, which I do not need and will attempt to restrain myself, but no promises.

Jelly rolls and FQ's and charm packs...oh my!!
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

How fun for you! Alas I will not be at Road to California but I have a quilt entered. Look for it. It is called Quan Yin and was a collaboration between my friend Gail and me. It is the Goddess Quan Yin riding on her dragon. Gail did the applique and came up with the idea and I quilted it. So far it has been in Houston and Road is her second show. Gail got to go to Houston and she said many people mistook her mandala for applique but it is all quilting with metallic gold thread.

After Road she is probably only going to some local venues and then Gail will once more adorn her bedroom wall with Quan Yin.

Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
    How fun for you! Alas I will not be at Road to California but I have a quilt entered. Look for it. It is called Quan Yin and was a collaboration between my friend Gail and me. It is the Goddess Quan Yin riding on her dragon. Gail did the applique and came up with the idea and I quilted it. So far it has been in Houston and Road is her second show. Gail got to go to Houston and she said many people mistook her mandala for applique but it is all quilting with metallic gold thread.

After Road she is probably only going to some local venues and then Gail will once more adorn her bedroom wall with Quan Yin.
    I'm writing this down, feline, and will look for it. How exciting! If you have a picture you could PM me....
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

I plan to be there. I will attend preview night and then have classes on Thursday-Friday-Saturday with Margaret Solomon Gunn. She is such an extraordinary quilter - I hope I can learn something from her. The classes break for 2 hours for lunch, so that is the time to hit the vendors. Like you, Teen, I don't need anything and will try not to buy (too much). Feline, I will definitely look for your quilt.

Plan to go! Meeting up with my sisters!

I went to this show several years ago and it was one of those real mountain top experiences in my quilting life. Actually, it was a top rated experience in my life. I hope you enjoy it thoroughly.

Blog Entries
    I would love to go to either the California or the Houston show. I doubt I will ever get to go. I will have to look at all of the pictures on line and drool over the gorgeous quilts. Feline, I would love to see a picture of the quilt.

I'm going to be there too. I have a list ready for the Superior Thread Booth. I'm taking a Mon-Tues class on crazy quilts and embellishments. I can hardly wait. I hope I will have everything ready to go.
    Let peace begin with me and you.

I peacemakers city Friday morning. Driving to durango to pick up two friends then on to road! Going to stay in Ontario with another qui!t friend! Looks forward to the teio !

That should have said leaving Kansas city! Can't edit on my kindle.

Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post

You have to see this quilt. I saw it in Houston and it's just amazing.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight