Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Calling all New England quilters >

Calling all New England quilters

Calling all New England quilters

Old 09-29-2010, 07:15 AM

Our Shop Hop is a little over a week away, Saturday, Oct. 9th!!! I've been a bit busy lately so haven't been doing too much planning/organizing for this. I'd forgotten that we were going to have two groups, southern & northern NH.

Roughly, the plans are:

Group 1: Bedford (Quilt Patch & Martin’s), Concord (Golden Geese Shop) and Henniker (Quilted Threads & one near Edmunds H/W?), and lunch

Group 2: Chelmsford (Candlelite Quilting), Hudson NH (name?), Pelham (Bits ‘n Pieces), Salem (Pine Tree), Plaistow (D&D Sewing), Kingston (name?), and lunch

Group 2 will be meeting be meeting in Chelmsford at 10am. For those of you interested in Group 1, where would you like to meet and what time? I'll be in Group 1 so we need someone to take the lead on this group. Any volunteers?

I should add that this isn't meant to be very structured -- just a friendly get-to-gether to buy FABRIC and meet fellow NE quilters. Once we meet, we can decide on where we want to go. Sound good?
Old 09-29-2010, 09:45 PM

I'm sorry to say, I won't be joining the shop hop. My dear friend's daughter is getting married on October 9th. Her finance is headed to Afghanistan at the end of October, and will be gone duing the time they had planned their wedding. We are scurrying around trying to get everything in place to make this wedding happen with less than 10 days to make it all work out.

The quilt shop in Hudson is called The Quilted Shamrock.

Diane
Old 09-30-2010, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by dmackey
I'm sorry to say, I won't be joining the shop hop. My dear friend's daughter is getting married on October 9th. Her finance is headed to Afghanistan at the end of October, and will be gone duing the time they had planned their wedding. We are scurrying around trying to get everything in place to make this wedding happen with less than 10 days to make it all work out.

The quilt shop in Hudson is called The Quilted Shamrock.

Diane
Sorry you can't joing us this time but we'll have to do this again in the near future (Spring, anyone?). Best of luck with the wedding plans -- my nephew is getting married the 29th so I have an idea of what you're going thru.

Thanks for the name of the shop!
Old 09-30-2010, 10:39 PM

Thanks Beth,

I'm certainly game for a spring shop hop.

Everyone please have a wonderful time!

Diane
Old 10-01-2010, 01:23 AM

There is nothing better than getting together with other quilters - maybe you could contact the first shop and ask them to open for you a little earlier?
Please post pics - we have had one get together in Melbourne, Australia, and have others planned.
Cheers!
Old 10-04-2010, 07:17 AM

Our Shop Hop is only six days away so time to "formalize" plans. I haven't received any feedback on having two groups, north and south, so unless someone disagrees, I think it's best to stick to our original plan of one group meeting in Chelsmford at 10am and deciding where to go after that. Okay?

Proposed list of shops (which ones & order, to be determined):
Chelmsford (Candlelite Quilting),
Hudson NH (Quilted Shamrock),
Pelham (Bits ‘n Pieces),
Salem (Pine Tree),
Plaistow (D&D Sewing),
Kingston (Stitched in Stone??),
Bedford (Quilt Patch & Martin’s),
Concord (Golden Geese Shop),
Henniker (Quilted Threads & one near Edmunds H/W)

(One thing to note, as pointed out by NHSOMND, is this is Parent's weekend in Henniker and things will be very crowded, busy, in the Henniker area so we may want to visit Henniker during another Shop Hop. Just a thought.)

Saturday morning, I'll be parked in the supermarket lot that is kitty-corner across the street -- red Camry -- I'll be wearing my NEQ name tag! Also, I'll put together directions & map(s) for all the shops mentioned above.

My only quandary is what to do about the folks who want to join us at a particular shop such as Quilted Threads. Depending upon what the group decides to do before leaving Chelmsford, we may or may not head that way, that's why two groups were suggested.

My tendency is to head northeast, towards Pelham and Salem, not northwest towards Henniker. Of course, I may be out voted which is fine. "Go with the flow" is my motto for such things. So, for those who won't be meeting us in Chelmsford, PM me and we'll swap phone #'s. How does that sound?
Old 10-04-2010, 05:01 PM

Hello all, Well here it is Oct 4,2010 and not sure if you girld ever went on this trip. Interested in how you all made out ? Never been on a shop hop and would love to join in some time. Does Massachusetts have a lot of LQS ? The last post looks as though it was in Feb. 2010
Old 10-04-2010, 05:36 PM

Hi sewlittletime, the shop hop is on Oct 9Th. QBeth is the fearless leader. It doesn't look like I'll be able to make it as I'm still in Florida, trying to get packed up to move to NH if the weather would co-operate!!! LOL Hope to be up their soon. Hopefully I will be able to meet up with some of the members from here in the local shops when I get un packed.
LuAnn
Old 10-05-2010, 05:05 AM

QBeth,

Lucky we are! New England College Parents Weekend was this past weekend (Oct 1-3), whew!

I received an update from Quilted Threads in Henniker that it is their Columbus Day Anniversary Weekend (Oct 8-10)
Drawings for GC's and prizes, refreshments and collection for the Henniker Food Pantry.

20% off regular priced on the bolt fabrics
20% off pre-cut fat quarters
40% off sale merchandise, marked down to 50% off

So if any of you make it this far northwest, stop in at QT!
Old 10-05-2010, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by NHSOMND
QBeth,

Lucky we are! New England College Parents Weekend was this past weekend (Oct 1-3), whew!

I received an update from Quilted Threads in Henniker that it is their Columbus Day Anniversary Weekend (Oct 8-10)
Drawings for GC's and prizes, refreshments and collection for the Henniker Food Pantry.

20% off regular priced on the bolt fabrics
20% off pre-cut fat quarters
40% off sale merchandise, marked down to 50% off

So if any of you make it this far northwest, stop in at QT!
Well, that's good news! Maybe we will get that far. We'll see on Sat.