ebook readers

Old 05-07-2011, 06:31 AM

I have the nook and took it on a cruise. It was very nice. I still prefer real books, though my library has ebooks to lend that work on the Nook. I would like to buy a Nook color eventually.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by AskaGirl
I love my Kindle, no complaints here.

You get free 3G on it, so it's nice to be able to look something up (it has a web browser similar to a smart phone) if you're in the car or out somewhere. I don't have a fancy phone though, so maybe that's just a benefit to me. ;)

Also, Amazon has plans to make it so you can check out books from your library electronically. I think that feature is coming out this fall? I don't know if you'd be able to do that with other devices, but for me, that would be a HUGE benefit.

I have a Kindle and wonder if you can only download lets say book from a library on the newer, more expensive models? I have the basic Kindle I received for Christmas and love it.

Hope this helps, good luck with your decision.

Edited to add link to Kindle Lending info:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...527380#library
Old 05-07-2011, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by hobo2000
With the IPAD 1 being sold at $300/350. and it does everything a Kindle or Nook does plus the web, email etc. Why pay $165.+ for a Nook or Kindle. I have both apps. on my IPAD, backlit, wi-fi, 16G. I can lay in bed at night and answer all of my emails, I charge it twice a week, because I use it alot. I couldn't live without it. My schedule and journal are on it plus pictures of all of my quilts. It's like a diary on steroids. LOL
They just updated the Nook Color to be able to email and it already had web access. But you are right in that you can download the Nook program into an IPAD or your PC, or your
I Phone. Isn't technology amazing? I chose the Nook Color over an IPAD because I already had a library started with my original Nook and because of price difference.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:05 AM

i have a kindle.. love love love it
Old 05-07-2011, 10:41 AM

I have a Nook. DH got it for me for Christmas. What I like about the Nook is, I can do all the downloading on my pc (which is larger and easier to see) and it magicly appears on my Nook. I like the touch screen on the Nook for reading but I'm old so I do all my searching for books, archiving books, etc. on my pc which also show up on my Nook. It's great. I thought I wouldn't like it as I like "real" books but I love it. It's small enough to take anywhere.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:01 PM

where do you get the free ones? I have a nook also. I like it but I also love my books :lol:
Old 05-07-2011, 02:50 PM

I have the Nook (not the color :( ) and I absolutely love it!
Old 05-07-2011, 02:51 PM

I have the Nook (not the color :( ) and I absolutely love it! and no as far as I know you can only download from B&N
Old 05-07-2011, 02:56 PM

I don't understand how to download from the library or Barnes and noble onto my Nook Color. What are the steps you go thru to do that? I have only downloaded at the store. I bought a WiFi for home but for some reason it won't except my email address or my password. Jan
Old 05-07-2011, 03:28 PM

I downloaded my free Kindle for PC from amazon.com. I also download their free ebooks. They have a lot to choose from.