Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Fabric Depot in Portland, Ore.. >

Fabric Depot in Portland, Ore..

Fabric Depot in Portland, Ore..

Old 12-24-2010, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by catrancher
I've been there. They have great prices, but it is a warehouse style store and very impersonal. Service is terrible. I wrote about it on my blog:

http://catpatches.blogspot.com/2010/...nd-oregon.html
I have to say that I go there often up to 10 - 12 times a month. I have never had anyone be impersonal to me, They have always helped when I ask. And other shoppers who know the store are always willing to help too. Sorry you had a bad experience. I don't have any connections to the store just love to shop there. I love the cutting ladies, they always seem interested in what you are making, the cashier ladies are always friendly and love to chat.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:52 PM

I agree. Love the store .... go often and the ladies are always willing to help and are interested in my projects. They are sometimes overworked during sales as there are SO many people there and it does get hectic, but I never take it personally, because when I go other times, they are awesome! They are all very knowledgeable and so much better than Joann's where I hate going anymore! UGH! Always a long line no matter when I go (usually because understaffed) ... oops, not talking about them. Fabric Depot is a treat .... sometimes just have to be patient when there are sales!!! Really worth it!
Old 12-25-2010, 06:12 PM
mim

is Daisy Kingdom still in Portland?? Years ago I was visiting and bought a lot of cheater baby quilt panels -- they made great gifts for casual acquaintances who had new babies

Mim
Old 12-25-2010, 09:55 PM

No, unfortunately, no more Daisy Kingdom store... I believe they still do patterns through one of the big pattern companies though.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by catrancher
I've been there. They have great prices, but it is a warehouse style store and very impersonal. Service is terrible. I wrote about it on my blog:

http://catpatches.blogspot.com/2010/...nd-oregon.html
I'm sorry to hear about this. It can ruin one's enjoyment quickly. I hope you might be willing to give them a second chance.

I've always had great service there. During one of their great sales on batiks, I went in to find fabrics for an IRR round. Looking through the sales bolts, I wasn't finding just the right thing. Two employees came by to help. They agreed that nothing on the floor was right and then took me to the back room where they had 200 more batik bolts to look at (they were waiting for space to open up on the floor before these could be put out for the sale also). We found the perfect fabrics and their service was fabulous. I've not received this kind of service at any other store.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:29 PM

I know this is late (you have already been to Portland) but I just love Fabric Depot. Every time I am up to Gresham (which is right next to Portland) I make a trip to Fabric Depot and shop my heart out! I wish Northern California had something like it!

Originally Posted by aneternalpoet
Even though I can't buy anything , I just was wondering if anyone in the Portland, Oregon area has been to the Fabric Depot, and knows anything about their prices of fabric? I will be in that area in a few days to help make my moms holiday easier ( we lost my step dad 2 months ago ), so I was hoping to finally go to the FD and see what all the hype is about that huge store... Anyone know anything about it? is it as awesome as I have heard, or is that a little hyped up?